Brake Cooling

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Any S3/RS3 owners have a better or improved solution for brake cooling other than the RS3 brake ducts?

I have them installed on my S3 but wanting more cooling - there is the option of having the RS3 dust covers installed but half of me is considering removing the covers all together - what do you think?

The covers that come on the RS3:

you can go without them but they are there for more than just shielding the disk from foreign objects... they actually provide a certain flow of air to cool down the disk as quickly as possible. If you got the RS3 brake ducts already than it would be wise to add the rs3 shields.. as that way you garantee an optimal brake cooling. or you just modify the existing ones and add the RS3 brake ducts... Or even better leave them oem. On normal road use they won't make a slight bit of difference, only during a good trashing during a track session.

Reactions: Boydie
you can go without them but they are there for more than just shielding the disk from foreign objects... they actually provide a certain flow of air to cool down the disk as quickly as possible. If you got the RS3 brake ducts already than it would be wise to add the rs3 shields.. as that way you garantee an optimal brake cooling. or you just modify the existing ones and add the RS3 brake ducts... Or even better leave them oem. On normal road use they won't make a slight bit of difference, only during a good trashing during a track session.

thanks mate, the car is tracked so getting the most out of the brakes would be ideal

Reactions: northpole
Well you are 2 RS3 brake ducts and 2 RS3 disk shields away from having the most optimal brake disk cooling, if it was me i would go for fitting those, not a shield delete.

Reactions: Boydie
Well you are 2 RS3 brake ducts and 2 RS3 disk shields away from having the most optimal brake disk cooling, if it was me i would go for fitting those, not a shield delete.

Already have the ducts so will price out the dust covers and take it from there - thanks

Reactions: northpole