Rear wiper delete, can it be re-added?

audiruss

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope everyones having a nice weekend.

I was fortunate enough to buy my second S3 8v yesterday. It's in the dark blue colour, good spec and a nice car, fairly high milage at 82,000 but stacks of history and on a 14 plate.

My old mk5 gti has been great but time for something newer. I was looking forward to finally having a car with a rear wiper again as someone had deleted the one of the Golf. Would you ****** believe it, the S3 has also got the rear wiper delete, ha!

Does anyone know if it's easy to put back? In the Golf I can hear solenoid clicking when I try and operate the rear wipe so I assume the electrics etc are still in place.

Thanks,

Russ

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 78
pull the lot off and check some people remove the lot others only remove what is strictly needed. But to answer your question yes it is easily reversed.

Thanks, Boydie.

Yes, that is my main concern, removing the bung. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on removing it and that looked very simple. I am wondering what's been left behind but I've seen complete kits for around £75 so it's not the end of the world. I see I may also need some coding done but hopefully can tell when I engage the control and see if I can hear a click.

Won't need coding - literally just plug it back in and connect the water tube - the stalk off the steering wheel activates the pump and motor which sucks water from the main tank at the front

Or just enjoy the better look without it :p

I must be getting old (42) as I now prefer the practicality of a rear wiper than it looking slightly better...

You'll be asking me to add my 'Bass, the final frontier' sticker next.. :laughing: