Hey everyone!

cythel

Reaction score
Juat wanted to say hello from sweden! Working with cars in my spare time has always been ny greatest hobby. And ever since i lost my SLK I've been missing out on something to mechanically work on. I never thought I would afford a enthusiast car again until my wife wanted to get rid of her Audi TT Roadster TFSI S Tronic, 200 horsepower, 2008 with S-line package. The downside is that I have no clue how much work there is to be done with it, that's why I joined this forum. It worked fine 1½ year ago, the owner just complained over the high oil usage. Anyway, it's know standing still in a workshop and all I know is that it is leakig oil as hell, according to the mechanic, who thought it looked like it was coming from the engine block and top... And their first thought was a crack in the cast iron block, never heard of it... and gave here an estimate of about 4500$ just to get it fixed.. So, I bringing the car home in a couple of weeks, purchased it for 450$... But considering everything I've read so far about all the different oil leaking problems, I can't beleive it would be a total disaster. I am no beginner, and been working with cars for as long as I can remember in my spare time. My day job is in IT. Not so long ago I change the head gasket on my SLK 230 Kompressor, took me aout a summer of vacation but it was very educational, and even had to built my own 30 pin diagnostic tool to read and reset the errror codes.. Actually bought a cheap interface converter to transefer the interface to Mercedes OVA, but it was a so cheap that only one pin to the ECU was connected, but after a little soldering and figuring the pin out I was actually able to manully switch pin and read every system in the car, includingm ABS, aircondition, automatic gear box, and so on... and this was on a 1995 year model, before the 16 pin OBD plug became standard in all cars from -96 in the US i beleive. Wow... sorry for the long intro. Please see fit to shorten it down or tell me to mive it else were.

Any way! Cheers from Sweden!