Christmas Lights on Dashboard!

asalhan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have had my 2017 A6 Avant Black Edition since May last year...never missed a beat and never had any issues.

Last night I was driving home, I was about 100 metres from the driveway and almost every error you could think of came up on the dashboard. TPMS, brake servo, adaptive lights, high beam assist, ASC, and so many more.

I stopped the car, turned off the igniton, opened the door so the screen folds down. I started the car again and then tried to drive away. Most of the errors went away but a few remained. The air bag light was still on and the start stop system was unavailable.

It was late so I though I would check it again in the morning and scan it. All the errors are still there and the scan is not conclusive of what the error could be. I reset the DTCs and they literally came back within 5 seconds. My worry is that the ECU is screwed, any help is appreciated.

I still have a year's warranty on it but the 'approved' garages can't see me until next week. I have attached the VCDS output if anyone wants to have a look.

Attachments

• 29-02-2024.txt
    29 KB · Views: 97
95% sure it’s one of ur ABS sensors faulty. Easy fix normally. Bout sometimes they get seized in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: spartacus68
If I am reading it right and the last line shows the battery voltage then it is below 12v and should be around 12.7v if the battery is in good condition. Low battery voltage can throw all sorts of random errors

Ahhh I read the title and was expecting to see something like this!

Attachments

• 20231212_165814.jpg
    20231212_165814.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Haha
Reactions: spartacus68 and Bishop187
Thanks everyone, it was a rear wheel speed sensor. I managed to get it replaced on the same day. I must advise that it was not as easy as some YouTube videos make it out to be. My friend, luckily who has no end of tools had to take off the wheel bearing and then smash the sensor from the outside to get it out. The new one went it easy enough after some cleaning of the hole and copper grease to the area that will be in the wheel bearing housing. All DTC's cleared and went for a short drive...happy days!

Reactions: Scotty and Bishop187