3.0 TFSI, 60k miles carbon clean?

far2tall

Reaction score
Just bought a ‘66 plate 3.0 TFSI and wondering if it would benefit from a carbon clean. If anyone has any advice or contacts in Buckinghamshire area it would be appreciated.

Do you know anyone that does them and roughly how much?

A proper walnut blast, yes.
Any idea where I could get that done and what it costs? Is that actually walnut shells? I've had BiTdi A7s and A6’s for the last 10 years so no experience with the TFSI engine.

Do you know anyone that does them and roughly how much?

Any idea where I could get that done and what it costs? Is that actually walnut shells? I've had BiTdi A7s and A6’s for the last 10 years so no experience with the TFSI engine.
Yes, they actually blast it with very fine bits of walnut shell. Had mine done at R Tech a few years back…With injector clean is was just under £300 I think. You can clean it yourself, plenty of people on here have. I was lazy and wanted the professionals to do it.

Before and after…

C6fe2fba 0017 48fe 8676 d61ecac38144
Bdcdd415 e681 4a70 b604 f7df588b2c91

Reactions: far2tall
Yes, they actually blast it with very fine bits of walnut shell. Had mine done at R Tech a few years back…With injector clean is was just under £300 I think. You can clean it yourself, plenty of people on here have. I was lazy and wanted the professionals to do it.

Before and after…

View attachment 274716View attachment 274717
Wow. How many miles were you on there?