Help please!

Monty2488

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what the issue is here and why this seal isn’t lining up with rear quarter window? Also the chrome trim round rear quarter where it joins has a bigger gap than it should? S3 black edition.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Let's see the whole area pic, zoom out.

Tbh looks like it's had a rear glass swapped & badly unless it's had a knock.

Is the glass out of alignment or is that not possible? If not then it’s the rubber seals and the black chrome been fitted badly. Meant to be buying the car but this has put me off.

Given the glass has been fitted lower than it should, it's pushed the metal surround trim downward away from the joint, so that's the issue imho.

Someone basically rushed the job.

Given the glass has been fitted lower than it should, it's pushed the metal surround trim downward away from the joint, so that's the issue imho.

Someone basically rushed the job.
Is this an easy fix? Garage saying they will sort it but don’t seem in any rush. No further forward and it’s been a few days. I reserved this car a week ago. 69 plate black edition s3 with 29k on the clock. Wheels and bodywork in excellent condition just this making me have second thoughts as thinking probably been in an accident of some sort.