Current market...

rngDeadeye

Reaction score
Kind of a what's it worth question, thinking about getting out of my Sepang Vorsprung to find an M135i for the MRs while I save some cash for a deposit on something fruity.

7 months old, mint, 7k miles

What are thoughts on private sale?

Sprinle

Kind of a what's it worth question, thinking about getting out of my Sepang Vorsprung to find an M135i for the MRs while I save some cash for a deposit on something fruity.

7 months old, mint, 7k miles

What are thoughts on private sale?

View attachment 274815

Friend has just had a WBAC valuation on a Riviera blue car £49000
Dealer offered £52000

Car is 6 months old.

These cars are falling heavily in value, insurance premiums are driving this I suspect, aided by the Covid high price correction going on in the industry.

Sent from under the bridge…..

Reactions: Jassyo06
Contact Dream Car Giveaways. They’re actively buying any nonstandard colours. I’m sure they’d be interested in your car.

Reactions: garethdj and rngDeadeye
Try Automotive addiction. I’ve always found cars in the colours I like don’t sell to well as trade ins. Dealers want the blacks, nardos etc. lovely colour that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sold my other car through carwow and it was straight forward. I even got more than the current value of the car because its dealers bidding on them. The only issue as such was the young lad who collected the car ragged it around for 15 minutes before he left with the car.

I guess they need to make sure everything is ok but it wasn't easy for me seeing someone thrash my car that I looked after for 3yrs

Reactions: rngDeadeye
I'll give them a go. I had a buyer within an hour of putting it on AT but turned into a time-waster as he was miles away.

I'll give them a go. I had a buyer within an hour of putting it on AT but turned into a time-waster as he was miles away.

Guy that came to buy mine from Audi told me he bought a green one recently from a competition company when the winner took the 100k instead.

That car he said had tyres under 1.5mm

Just sold my other car through carwow and it was straight forward. I even got more than the current value of the car because its dealers bidding on them. The only issue as such was the young lad who collected the car ragged it around for 15 minutes before he left with the car.

I guess they need to make sure everything is ok but it wasn't easy for me seeing someone thrash my car that I looked after for 3yrs
Makes you wonder why he needed to do that on a car that is still in warrantyy

These are doing well.

According to WBAC, a 2021 vorsprung is worth the same as 2021 M3 x drive ultimate pack.

These are doing well.

According to WBAC, a 2021 vorsprung is worth the same as 2021 M3 x drive ultimate pack.

lol not if you look through AT.

M3 x-drive are all around 59k - high 60’s

RS3 VS are mid to high 40’s up to mid 50’s

2021-2022 cars.

Market is undergoing a correction from Covid price madness.

The guy from Audi that bought mine said the 8Y prices are falling, he bought a ‘win me for a quid’ green car a few weeks back, because the winner took the cash alternative.
He said they knocked it on tyres because they were all below 1.5mm, and he suspects it’s had a hard life from the word go, he said you get a feel for these things, they are actively looking for signs for modifications now too, he was well aware of the fact the 8Y ECU was locked, but knows there’s a workaround.

He said they are very careful now as Audi will not warranty anything these days that’s had a sniff of modification, a few dealers are getting caught out by it.

Reactions: Kev.k and Johncam
lol not if you look through AT.

M3 x-drive are all around 59k - high 60’s

RS3 VS are mid to high 40’s up to mid 50’s

2021-2022 cars.

Market is undergoing a correction from Covid price madness.

The guy from Audi that bought mine said the 8Y prices are falling, he bought a ‘win me for a quid’ green car a few weeks back, because the winner took the cash alternative.
He said they knocked it on tyres because they were all below 1.5mm, and he suspects it’s had a hard life from the word go, he said you get a feel for these things, they are actively looking for signs for modifications now too, he was well aware of the fact the 8Y ECU was locked, but knows there’s a workaround.

He said they are very careful now as Audi will not warranty anything these days that’s had a sniff of modification, a few dealers are getting caught out by it.

Both £45k on WBAC. It’s madness.

The gap between trade and retail on used m3/4 atm is mental. Especially with new cars discounted by £10k and at 4.9%.

Both £45k on WBAC. It’s madness.

The gap between trade and retail on used m3/4 atm is mental. Especially with new cars discounted by £10k and at 4.9%.

Too many inconsistent prices on WBAC.

There’s usually around 5-6k difference than what a dealer would retail at.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK

£5-6k is on every car I’ve checked from rs3 to early 992 c2s.

M3/4 is the only car that seems miles out. It’s weird.

BMW value them at no more than WBAC for px.

Reactions: 8YARWY
£5-6k is on every car I’ve checked from rs3 to early 992 c2s.

M3/4 is the only car that seems miles out. It’s weird.

BMW value them at no more than WBAC for px.
Overpriced in the first place/

The number of BMW that start over £100k at the moment is mental and way above their station.

Reactions: Kev.k and flybynite

You also have to be careful with WBAC as it is dynamic pricing based on multiple different behind the scenes variables - there's the base price but then it gets offset by demand internally at the entire WBAC group, how many they have, where you're located - it's quite a complex pricing system - if you clear cache and open a new window and offer an identical car immediately you'll see the price go down as it thinks more people are trying to sell the exact same car for example.

You'll mostly always get better results on Carwow/Motorway if you don't get messed about . . .

Reactions: Jassyo06
You also have to be careful with WBAC as it is dynamic pricing based on multiple different behind the scenes variables - there's the base price but then it gets offset by demand internally at the entire WBAC group, how many they have, where you're located - it's quite a complex pricing system - if you clear cache and open a new window and offer an identical car immediately you'll see the price go down as it thinks more people are trying to sell the exact same car for example.

You'll mostly always get better results on Carwow/Motorway if you don't get messed about . . .
We buy any **** were way off what I got.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
From what I understand: WBAC price is the auction entry/reserve that they need to stand a chance of making a profit from a bid. Carwow & motorway are the auction exit price a dealer needs to stand a chance of making profit to retail.

Contact Dream Car Giveaways. They’re actively buying any nonstandard colours. I’m sure they’d be interested in your car.

Did a deal with these lot. Sent someone out to collect, spent half an hour checking over only for the boss back in the office to change his mind wasting everyone's time. Nothing wrong with car - all as described, recon they've got another in the same colour which I doubt very much.

Reactions: George Jetson
Did a deal with these lot. Sent someone out to collect, spent half an hour checking over only for the boss back in the office to change his mind wasting everyone's time. Nothing wrong with car - all as described, recon they've got another in the same colour which I doubt very much.

Blaggers.

Last edited:
Overpriced in the first place/

The number of BMW that start over £100k at the moment is mental and way above their station.

Money isn’t worth what it was.

It’s the £25k corsas and fiestas I can’t get my head around.

I honestly think the M2 is the best value new car available, but I need 4 doors.

Motorway are at £53k but I haven't gone through the bother of uploading pics etc yet.
If you haven't sold it yet I would follow up on the Motorway option. With M-way, you can expect to get at least £1k more than the 'initial estimate' (if car really is mint) when the competing dealers get to see the pics. I am aware of a 2023 Vorsprung with only 1700 miles on the clock for £58,600 at a main Audi dealer, so getting within £5k of that would be decent imo.

Motorway are good to deal with (admin wise), but its all about the communications skills and general efficiency of the dealer with the winning bid. A couple of years back (when used prices were through the roof) I sold a 15 month old M135i via Motorway to the main BMW dealer in Cardiff, who was an absolute dream to deal with. In contrast, I went through the process of selling my partner's Kia Niro through M-way last year, but the winning Kia dealer in London turned out to be a absolute waste of space.

In any event, there is no question of the collection driver ragging the car as part of the collection process (as someone commented in relation to Carwow), as the dealer's driver is only allowed to physically inspect the car to make sure it matches your photos (i.e. no hidden dents/scratches). Back at the dealers, they just check that the car hasn't been modded in any way and the money is in your account 1 hour later.

As you have already discovered, selling a car privately the 'old fashioned way' (e.g. through AT) is usually just far too much hassle.

Reactions: RS03???