Help Please Intermittent issues

stav8124

Reaction score
I am having a few intermittent problems on my Audi A4 B8.

Sometimes the alarm will chirp, sometimes it won’t.

Doors will all unlock, sometimes all doors won’t unlock.

Rear sensors now constantly on all the time now and beeps when something close is behind you when car is moving or stationary and not in reverse.

When I reverse the car make a buzzing sound.

Did a scan and nothing came up in regards to electrics.

You need to scan module number 46 from memory if I'm correct to see why the rear sensors are acting up but generally speaking it's because of water ingress... wd40 will sort them out quickly. The constant buzz when reversing means one of the sensors (or more ) is acting up.

If wd40 doesn't work, than you'll have to replace the broken sensor(s)

Reactions: stav8124
Sounds likes module fault tbh as it shouldn't make the pdc operate when not in reverse unless you have front & rear that is.

Can you post up a video of the buzzing when reversing as usually you can only hear a sensor issue with your ear to the sensors, they don't usually buzz so to speak when faulty, usually there is a straight tone no beeps.

Reactions: northpole
Nope you hear the constant beep/buzz if you reverse when a sensor is not working right. But he says it's intermittent so probably water ingress in the offending sensors.... but to find out which ones you either put the car in reverse and go through feeling and listening to every single sensor or use diagnostics to find out which sensor(s) is causing the problem.

Reactions: NHN