Service reminder not showing, service reminder value = 2

46lukasz

Reaction score
Hello,

I have 1200km until oil change/service, but I am not getting a reminder on the dash when I turn the ignition on.

When I first started to service the car myself, I set the oil interval and inspection to 10k km, so a reminder should come up when I have 1500km left, but it doesn't.
In addition, the value for dash control unit/adaptation/channel 2(service reminder) is 2, which makes no sense as 1 = service due and 0 = service not due. 2 is not even an option.

Here is how my dash is coded:
  • basic time value for oil change with fixed service interval - set to 365 days
  • basic distance value for oil change with fixed service interval - set to 10k km
  • Basic time value for inspection - set to 365 days
  • Basic distance value for inspection - set to 10k km
  • Min and max distance for service set to 10k and 15k km for reminder

To reset the service interval after i do the service jobs, I just change these values:
  • To reset service change time and distance since service to 0
  • To reset inspection change time and distance since inspection to 0
  • To reset set service reminder to 0

After doing that and reaching the next service interval, instead of a 0 changing to 1 in adaptation/channel 2(service reminder) i get a 2, which makes no sense.
What am I doing wrong? I think VCDS has a better interface that shows you what values are actually changed to what when you do a service reset. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out to compare those.

Service interval