Pipercross air filter

Reaction score
Hi all I might be wearing rose tinted specs but just fitted a pipercross oil free air filter element to my 3.2 and I'm sure the throttle response is much sharper.

Anyone seen that unicorn I lost.....

It's purely a placebo effect, filter won't make any difference without some drastic other mods, unless your old filter was truly very badly clogged like my nose is ATM lol.

Anyone seen that unicorn I lost.....

It's purely a placebo effect, filter won't make any difference without some drastic other mods, unless your old filter was truly very badly clogged like my nose is ATM lol.
I understand the reply but if you took your car, any car round the block without an air filter element fitted it would breathe better more airflow.

I understand the reply but if you took your car, any car round the block without an air filter element fitted it would breathe better more airflow.
BTW I'm certainly not suggesting any increase in power just more airflow hence improving what happens when I put my foot down.

I honestly suspect it's just down to being a brand new filter, there's lots of myths around filters & intake mods & tbh most are to be ignored as OEM filters generally have great flow rates, now if you're going to do other mods like exhaust, supercharger etc, that's another story :)

If you're happy then that's what counts.

I once fitted a carbonio intake, £250 & it was absolutely awful, much lower flow, turbo was dying of less breath, returned to stock, was great again.

Reactions: BakPak
I’m just happy that this thread wasn’t another my old car is broken thread. Glad to see chaps still modding a great car line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN