Chip Tuning Experiences

betaone68

Reaction score
I would like to share my experience on tuning RS3 8Y.
I have owned cars for more than a year and have done various modifications before I got to the current situation .
I installed Wagner EVO 1 intercooler.
I initially installed JB4 module from American Burger sport .
I installed Milteck 200 cell downpipe with Seletron emulators .
I uninstalled Milteck 200 cell downpipe since I did not like wastgate rattle .
I installed catback BTM turbo version with ASR .
I installed Eventuri intake ( without turbo inlet elbow ) .
I dyno tested cars with Wagner Intercooler configuration , Eventuri intake , Jb4 module and the performance obtained was disappointing .
Scan 0002

Increase of almost 35 hp but with a poor torque curve.
I tried replacing Jb4 module with ChipBox from Seletron . After some initial problems ( I got a faulty wiring harness ) I managed to install it . I tried to make a neat and tidy thing by making a bracket with 2 mm thick carbon sheet attached to the chassis using a screw from the RIGHT headlight .
20240229 171020

20240229 174649

I then had ChipBox Seletron module bench calibrated by Raaro in Monterotondo (Rome ) .
They have extreme expertise on this . They manage to set module by setting specific boost targets for each rpm checking ECU corrections and dyno performance .
After two hours between dyno and road tests the results were very satisfactory .
RS3 8Y GL1434EP ori vs Stage 1 modulo 100 RON immagini 1

RS3 8Y GL1434EP ori vs Stage 1 modulo 100 RON immagini 2

Increased power 60 hp and torque 70 Nm with a very smooth curve , no holes .
In conclusion I recommend installation Intercooler Wagner Evo 1 and Seletron Chipbox module calibrated on the bench by a professional ( in Italy I recommend Raaro ) .
The Eventuri intake is an investment you can overlook ( it makes a lot of scene with the hood open , has outstanding turbo flutter but I don't think it gives performance gains ) .
The BTM turbo catback really costs a lot but is the only solution to get a decent exhaust sound without having to install a downpipe .
I did two acceleration tests using audi diagnostics.
0-100 in 3.2 sec
0-200 in 11.2 sec note: last road section was slightly uphill ( consequently 100-200 should be on 8 sec )
outside temp. 13 degrees
tests done in dynamic , I was not able to do tests in performance
20240324 081421
20240324 083617

Reactions: martin lo and NHN
6f0b1b350e9a697cfebdf83f8f95cfd6.jpg

lol all that money you spent for 3.2

JB4 on map 2.

Sent from under the bridge…..

Reactions: davc and NHN
It's a process lol, be nice.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Comparing performance solely on 0-100 is in my opinion reductive . Can you provide times on 0-200 obtained with Jb4 map 2 ?
Do you have any dyno test charts where you can compare power and torque original car and after modifications ?
The power diagrams I posted on my first setup were with Jb4 map 3 and it was not exciting . I think Jb4 is a very good product but the maps provided were tuned on US versions different from those on the European market . Surely a tuner who knows how to work on Jb4 can get better performance.
My intention was to provide information on what can be achieved without mapping cars while maintaining warranty. With investment of an increased Intercooler costing 1,050 € plus assembly ( in my case zero since I assembled it myself in the garage ) plus chip box with Seletron that intercepts engine RPM / TPS and can be programmed cost 550 € + 300 € dyno tuning by a competent tuner seems to me a good investment for 60 hp and 70 Nm.

Reactions: NHN
Sooooo glad I don’t own one anymore.

Too much Willy waving with these cars.

Or driven around Birmingham with no insurance & smashed into either someone or another car.

Reactions: davc and 8YARWY
Or driven around Birmingham with no insurance & smashed into either someone or another car.

Exactly the second reason I hate the RS3.

Reactions: davc and NHN