Rough price guide please.

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

So what I’m looking for today is a rough estimate in case I decide to sell my car. My car is an 2009 A3 2.0 tdi. I’m going to try and list as much info as possible. So recently I was hit from behind while I was stationary at a red light the damage that my car received was very light but due to age and mileage it was deemed a total loss. The only damage was some scratches and a small split to the bumper. Up until recently I was working in a body shop so anything the car needed cosmetically was always taken care of so i would say the car was in extremely good condition for its age with no corrosion anywhere and it’s not even has any advisories for the last few years on it’s mot’s. I’ve owned the car since 2015 and always maintained it mechanically every 6k to 8k miles with Quantum long life oil and anything else that’s been needed using genuine parts from tps. It has a dsg gearbox, RNSE head unit, ashtray delete,full electric leather,heated front seats inc door cards with led lighting,Audi 18” rotor wheels. I also had the cam belt and water pump changed ln October ‘23 it’s also had a new egr valve about 18 months ago,also the intake manifold was removed and given a good clean out and the last thing right now it also has a stage 1 APR tune,probably lots more I’ve forgotten about. Now the bad points it has 186000 mile and a scratched bumper.but honestly if you covered the mileage you’d think you were driving a new car. It’s now a cat n write off. So sorry for going on a bit but appreciate anyone’s ideas what I should be asking for it. I’m also not going to fix the bumper as i‘d like people to see why it was written off.

Thank you.

Unfortunately it's not lez or ulez, plus it's got cat n & damage still, as much as we love our cars, realistically book on this is very low, it sucks, insurers are a joke these days as mines gone up & it isn't down to my driving lol.

Can you post pics of the damage.

Thanks for your reply Nigel. I know it’s not ulez etc but was just wondering what I might expect. I can post pics of damage but will be tomorrow now as it’s dark and raining. There’s barely any damage and I thought I could swap it with one from a breakers and it would be back to perfect but didn’t want to swap it and people thinking I was trying to hide something.

Not really am just wondering what would be a good price for it if I chose to get a new car.
Mind be worth sending Danny Hill a wee message on FB as he might give u a decent scrap price. I know this message might sound harsh but you do have a lot going against u . As i see heaps off Audis more so diesel that petrol going through his yard .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk