Front bumper removal A3 ?

Jono400

Reaction score
Hopefully be changing the front grill soon on my 2020 A3 Saloon SLine . Anyone who has removed the front bumper on the FL A3 advise exactly what size Torx screws have to be removed as well what size extension will be required to reach the hidden one behind the bumper trim ? Any video links , advice etc would be so much appreciated to hopefully make it a bit easier !

Thanks again mine is the FL model but hopefully just the same.

anyone else removed the front bumper themselves ?

Not sure if the FLa3 has both the foam showing in photo 1 as well as the plastic covering in second picture.
anyone changed a FL a3 saloon SLine confirm ?

Attachments

• DB4D5CF7-D225-4325-B777-920C0902ECD8.jpeg
    DB4D5CF7-D225-4325-B777-920C0902ECD8.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 13
  • BD69B871-6998-4609-AC9A-92B69A7A11CE.jpeg
    BD69B871-6998-4609-AC9A-92B69A7A11CE.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 16
Not sure if the FLa3 has both the foam showing in photo 1 as well as the plastic covering in second picture.
anyone changed a FL a3 saloon SLine confirm ?
The FL has the foam and the cover too. Be careful of the tube that runs inside the foam, its part of the crash sensor.

Okay thanks so much for confirming. Due to get it installed by the local body shop . From what I am reading it’s folk with the PF model that are removing the foam and having to paint the silver of the crashbeam To prevent it showing thru the new grill.

hopefully with the FL with the grey plastic cover over the foam which again I will be keeping in place I won’t have to have anything painted . anyone confirm ?

I assume you are putting an RS3 style grille on? If so, they are deeper than the normal grille so it will snag the foam and cover.

You can shave the front of the foam with a knife then cable tie the cover to the crash beam. This way, the crash sensor tube stays in the foam receptacle

Yes sorry yes a honeycomb grill. have heard a few folk say although tight a few grills will fit without any training down but will leave that up to the body shop.

as I say hopefully with the grey covering nothing will show thru the grill especially when the plate holder in place !

Reactions: alpesh26