Mobile in-car entrtainment fitters recommendations?

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
Reaction score
I guess whether i get a mobile fitter to come out and upgrade my HU unit/speakers/amps or goto a store , costs will be very similar.

Anyone have any recommendations for Surrey area (reigate/redhill/horley/crawley)? preferable one who knows there way around the car.
I am looking at raising the quality level from a standard BOSE setup on my Audi S3 8L (2002) facelift. Currently have the cd changer in the boot above the sub in the rear quarter. The HU only has a cassette player! All of that really dont worry me too much but clarity/defintion/quality of sound is my bug bear.

Just an update. Replaced the standard HU for the Pioneer DEH-S720DAB. Installed a very old Kenwood amp (15+ years old) that I had and an 8" sub tube - again that I already had. A heads up to Dynamic Sounds in Wandsworth who fitted it all for me and did a good job. The last time I used them was when they were based on the Old Kent Road, many years ago. They carried out full hi-fi works on my old BMW 635 to sound like having bose speakers plugged into your ears when driving.

back to the S3 - no speakers replaced, but because of the greater control on frequencies in the new HU it sounds like I have also replaced the speakers! Adding the Sub made the bigger difference.
So effectively all speakers are still powered by the Bose amp except for the new 8" sub in the boot. Blooming brilliant - i am back to loving my music again as I drive - previously I was not even bothered to switch the radio on!

The only niggly and personally annoying bit is the DAB aerial - effectively its a stick on the front widscreen by the passenger side corner. I asked what happens if i change the windscreen - basically i have to buy and fit another one. I never asked or explored if I had options to go down a different route to the stciky aerial!

• Love
Reactions: MPH