8.5Y RS3

Reactions: flybynite and 8YARWY
It never looked good in the flesh. The first pics were nice when you didn't realise how huge the thing was. It looked like it would be similar to A3 in size and I was like ":flushed:" when I first saw it in real life. Like the blueprints were in a wrong scale. Also all the details look very awkward when the car is even slightly dirty.

Our Audi's got a brilliant product when it comes to full electric sporty car. At least until we get to talk about the range, let alone pricing...

IMG 6289IMG 6288

Reactions: Jaeger12 and kayemill
Have you considered the new Hyundia Ioniq 5N? By far and away the most exciting car around at the moment imo. 641 bhp and no "lag" (0-62 in 3.4 sec)!
If I was convinced about full EV (I'm not, yet) and I had the sort of money required to buy/lease a new RS3 then I would definitely go for one of these.
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/hyundai/ioniq-5-n/
Yes. It was the car that I was waiting for and then realised that it is enormous.

• Haha
Reactions: JKP
Those pics still look like renders with some minor imperfections. Really close to the real thing compared to the previously posted video but have to see the official pictures before judgement. The fins under the headlights seem to look a bit too thin and the rear diffuser reminds me of a diaper. Overally it's not bad but not an improvemet over the original design either.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
I never liked the blanked out 'vents' in the 8Y To me it looked cheap and reminds me of the vac-formed sheet plastic we used to fill holes with back in the day. I prefer the new one but they could have done better. What's wrong with a good fake diffuser or just a plain bumper like the standard car. Oval exhausts and rear spoiler is all it needs.

At least they have gone back to a central dial. Hopefully ditched all the hockey-sticks and ***-about face runways for good. Another re-inventing the wheel by a committee completely failed.

Reactions: 8YARWY and kayemill
Guess the Bimmer fanboys aren't having any better time lol. The new M5 was released today. Thing weighs almost 2,5 tonnes and looks like a handheld vacuum cleaner. Angry one.

Suddenly I think the RS3 FL pictures look pretty decent.

• Haha
Reactions: furious_iPod, v.danimal, 8YARWY and 2 others
Guess the Bimmer fanboys aren't having any better time lol. The new M5 was released today. Thing weighs almost 2,5 tonnes and looks like a handheld vacuum cleaner. Angry one.
View attachment 276985

Suddenly I think the RS3 FL pictures look pretty decent.
And slower to 62mph than the outgoing M5 Comp.

Reactions: JKP and kayemill
Yes. It was the car that I was waiting for and then realised that it is enormous.
Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5N: Yes, I have a feeling that I may come to the same conclusion. I am going to look at one in the showroom tomorrow, but reading more about it there are a lot of comments about its sheer size and weight. It is designed to look like a hatchback, but looks (especially on photos) can obviously be deceiving..

I think it’s a improvement and they have managed to make the interior feel more upmarket than the S3.

Quicker lap than the M2 is impressive.

Ionic 5 works best as a family EV imo.

Not a small car at all.

^ Like I said, looks like Ionic 5 was designed in a wrong scale. The similarity of the basic shape is almost disturbing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
Have I missed something
Why are we comparing a 5 pot 2.5 with an electric ionic5?

Valid question, but for some the alternative to a DAZA/CZGB is not a DNWA/DNWC but to go electric.

I went through that when I missed the boat on a new DAZA and drove the DNWA. I was about to buy a Polestar when a car of my exact spec came up approved used. There are lots of reasons I can think people go from RS3 to Electric,

Similar performance (Polestar is 4wd 400 bhp)
Some have better interiors (personally I prefer the Polestar interior to the 8Y)
Because it has been done to death by every muppet, loud exhausts with pops and bangs have lost their sparkle, less acceptable these days, bit like smoking and rolling coal in a diesel.
Insurance is similarly stupid these days for either.
The RS3 'scene' has become a bit toxic these days with how a few bad eggs act/drive. Many are done with that and fancy a change and not the next big thing.
The RS3 has always been a bit of a straight line blunt instrument and is more similar to an electric than something like an M2 or Cayman.

I am glad I found my DAZA but many times I sit on long runs more impressed with 40+mpg than its noise or 0-60 time, but that may be because I'm wrong side of 50 but that is not rare either in RS3 owners.

Reactions: RS03???, ClubSandwich and 8YARWY
Has anyone bought a EV?

Im guessing they’re all on lease?

I briefly looked a Taycans due to their price but decided against it.

Reactions: FBF01