SQ5 Hard Ride

Spartan117

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
I’ve recently became an owner of a 2018 SQ5 Tfsi and absolutely love it to bit except for the ride, I find it too stiff even on comfort, It’s on 20’s wearing Contis.
I haven’t driven any other SQ5s so cannot compare.
Can the dampers be recalibrated?
TIA

mag ride can be calibrated, as can air / level ride. I would check to see if the vehicle has OEM or after market springs.
I’m pretty sure that it has OEM springs. Can mag ride be calibrated to softer setting? How?where?

Which tyre would you recommen?
Mine came on Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and the ride is reasonably cushioned. My preferred tyre on my S4 saloon was the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, which I alwas found prvided a good balance between handling and ride, whilst being quiet and not tramlining. When thre current Pirellis eventually need repalcing, I'll be looking to see if the Sport Maxx is avaialble for the S5.

Every Audi I've ever driven on Contis, including my S4 which was supplied on them when new, I've found them to ride harshly and be prone to tramlinning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartan117
Ours is a 2016 TDi SQ5 running OEM springs but with 21-inch x 9J ET35 Audi S5 Rotors. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres 265/40 21 @ 31/27psi for summer use and 265/40 21 Continental TS860S winters again @ 31/27psi.

For sure, the ride on the 'winter' rubber is noticeably softer than the 'summer' rubber but we would not complain about the 'ride' at all.

What tyre pressures are you running?

Tyre wear with ours @ 31/27psi is just perfect with 100% even across the treads.

Suggest you have a close look at your tyre pressures first and adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Spartan117
Mine came on Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and the ride is reasonably cushioned. My preferred tyre on my S4 saloon was the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, which I alwas found prvided a good balance between handling and ride, whilst being quiet and not tramlining. When thre current Pirellis eventually need repalcing, I'll be looking to see if the Sport Maxx is avaialble for the S5.

Every Audi I've ever driven on Contis, including my S4 which was supplied on them when new, I've found them to ride harshly and be prone to tramlinning.
Thanks for the info, I’ve always liked the Dunlops for the combination of ride/handling, think I’ll try these on my SQ5 Tfsi