Whats this

Johncam

2019 A6 sline
Reaction score
Changed the battery today and found this green wire with silver foil on the end. Anyone know what it is and is it supposed to be attached to something

It's antennae (?for the remote locking) not meant to be attached to anything else.

Reactions: Johncam
Thank you for that as it had me thinking it was supposed to be attached to the battery somehow.

i wondered what that was cheers lol can i ask how much you payed for the battery and what battery amps it is please?

I paid £129 but that was at trade and just a cheap brand battery but i have a 3yrs warranty on it.

The antennae bit is incorrect, this is a sensor used in production, absolutely unneccessary for functioning of the car now and can be safely cut off though Audi just leaves them tucked away.
You'll find similar sensors underneath the sills of each doors.

Reactions: Johncam
The antennae bit is incorrect, this is a sensor used in production, absolutely unneccessary for functioning of the car now and can be safely cut off though Audi just leaves them tucked away.
You'll find similar sensors underneath the sills of each doors.
I stand corrected. Just shows you can't believe what you read elsewhere on the Internet!

I’ve often wondered what this cable is for and thought it was just mine which had it.

My guess was that the previous owner had maybe hardwired a rear dashcam and this was the leftover cabling from that but it’s interesting to read otherwise.

Also to the OP, what was your reason for changing the battery and have you noticed any improvements so far?