Res delete on S3 on pcp

Jason1987

Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to do a res delete or change the exhaust on a car if it’s on pcp? I assume it will mess with the value?

Is it a bad idea to do a res delete or change the exhaust on a car if it’s on pcp? I assume it will mess with the value?
Well I would have thought it would invalidate any warranty, that is related to those changes - Obviously the exhaust itself would come with a warranty from that manufacturer, but if you had say engine trouble and it was contributed to that change, then I would suspect Audi wouldn't cover that

Not sure if I’ll be keeping or trading in at end of term. Just assumed Audi might get funny if I’ve modded the car and it’s on pcp?

Not sure if I’ll be keeping or trading in at end of term. Just assumed Audi might get funny if I’ve modded the car and it’s on pcp?

The question you need to ask yourself is, can you afford to pay up should the worst happen in a situation where Audi say they won’t offer warranty because you’ve ’meddled’ with the car ?

Modifications are fine when you ‘own’ the car, but on a PCP if you read the small print they won’t allow modifications that move the vehicle away from standard factory spec.

The question you need to ask yourself is, can you afford to pay up should the worst happen in a situation where Audi say they won’t offer warranty because you’ve ’meddled’ with the car ?

Modifications are fine when you ‘own’ the car, but on a PCP if you read the small print they won’t allow modifications that move the vehicle away from standard factory spec.
Exactly; unless and until you pay the finance off in full, it’s not your property to modify. It’s not a question of whether Audi will get awkward about the warranty, it’s also about whether the owner of the car (I.e. the finance provider) will be happy with you modifying its property.

Reactions: George Jetson and Mr Freeze