Audi a4 2016 Tfsi sport 1.4 unleaded

Nadanty

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2016 Audi a4 tfsi unleaded sport , 1.4 engine. B9 chassis I believe.

I got it serviced today and mot. It’s in good condition and have it a few years. It’s got around 85000 miles. Just wondered is it ok to get the timing belt changed but not the water pump ? The mechanic quoted for both to be changed but didn’t in the end as he said the water pump sat elsewhere in the Engine so he only changed the timing belt

Just wondering is this ok or should I get the water pump also changed soon? I see conflicting info online where most will say to change the timing belt along with water pump at the same time, but also garages saying no need to change both together on this model as they don’t sit together .

If it’s the same as the VW 1.4 tfsi the water pump sits on the opposite end of the engine from the cam belt

If it’s the same as the VW 1.4 tfsi the water pump sits on the opposite end of the engine from the cam belt
No idea but does this mean both should be replaced at same time ?

The water pump is at the opposite end of the engine to the cam belt. Because it isn’t driven by the cam belt and does not need to be disturbed when the cam belt is changed it doesn’t have to be done when the cam belt is changed.
Thats the water pump just above the flywheel, it’s like a Golf, it’s driven by its own little belt.
IMG 0128