F1:McLaren fined $100m over 'Spygate' row!

I really cannot see how all of this can do the sport any good. All teams spy on each other which is well known.

I cannot help but feel that there are some underlying unknown politics driving this McLaren witch hunt.

I don't understand the logic behind allowing Hamilton and Alonso to keep their points won; driving a car from the offending team; and carry on as normal. Bet Ferrari are furious about that and no doubt are complaining. Is Ferrari so desperate to win that it will do anything to get the upper hand?

I suppose they feel Hamilton and Alonso had no involvement and even though they potentially could benifit from any developments gleaned from the spying issue couldn't be held accountable for the whole fiasco.

personally if they had been penalised i think it'd have ruined the whole season for me

shineydave said:
I suppose they feel Hamilton and Alonso had no involvement and even though they potentially could benifit from any developments gleaned from the spying issue couldn't be held accountable for the whole fiasco.

personally if they had been penalised i think it'd have ruined the whole season for me

Alonso ...... no involvement!?!?!? It has now come out that it was him requesting the Ferrari info and actually using it. It seemed he tried to blackmail Ron Dennis and threatened to pass on the emails to the FIA unless Ron did as requested. Ron presumably told Alonso to feck off and instantly told Max Mosley of the existence of these emails.

How in the hell is Alonso allowed to get away with all this without any punishment?

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&PO_ID=40674