Starter does not turn, is my engine locked?

juicyzackk

Reaction score
2015 S4 DSG sat in my driveway for year and half after a front end accident. nothing crazy was just body panels. i just got to replace the entire front end. did a dsg service, put in new battery and fresh fuel. upon trying to start it car does not crank. i hear the fuel pump priming and few clicks, everything else has full power. i drove the car for 5 years before the accident and i never had to fix or replace anything but a burnt bulb. maintenance and oil changes was done always.*

the code im getting is a P3054 starter does not run, mechanically blocked or electrical malfunction.*

i know changing the starter is not a very pleasent job to do. what steps can i take before doing the starter? some people say engine might be locked up which i really hope is not the case.

any help is appreciated. thanks guys. i love this car too much to give up on it i hope engine is fine.

No reason to suggest engine is locked up and the starter itself is seized. You could rule out engine if you could get to crank pulley.

Reactions: juicyzackk
Could this not just be that when a crash is detected, there is pyro device or fuse deliberately blown to make/keep the car safe, I'm sure that I've read about this in the past.

That means, I'm guessing that the starter motor is not being engaged, like the fault code indicates "starter blocked", I can't add in any more - like where to check though!

Reactions: spartacus68, juicyzackk and Hangn
Could this not just be that when a crash is detected, there is pyro device or fuse deliberately blown to make/keep the car safe, I'm sure that I've read about this in the past.

That means, I'm guessing that the starter motor is not being engaged, like the fault code indicates "starter blocked", I can't add in any more - like where to check though!
Yes thankfully it was just the battery isolator cuz airbags popped. $19 fix

Reactions: rum4mo and spartacus68