Issues after clutch and DMF change

NyB8

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my clutch and DMF and slave cylinder changed over the weekend. The car drives beautifully again :redface:. However I have noticed a few little issues, firstly the parking brake does not release automatically, I now have to manually release it (start stop works fine) and also my reverse parking sensors have also stopped working. Is there a chance that something has not been plugged back in (sensor) or could it be something more sinister.

Car is a 2.0 TDI CAGA Engine code.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Car needs scanning that will show if anything is unplugged.

Assuming you've pressed the A brake button that's next to the EPB button.

Car needs scanning that will show if anything is unplugged.

Assuming you've pressed the A brake button that's next to the EPB button.
I will plug it in tonight and see what comes up, just got it back late yesterday.

Did a scan earlier, and no fault codes have come up.

Sounds like too much of a coincidence, if EPB doesn't release with drive and no rear sensors. What are you scanning with, generic OBD or VCDS?

Sounds like too much of a coincidence, if EPB doesn't release with drive and no rear sensors. What are you scanning with, generic OBD or VCDS?
VCDS, just did a general scan. I'm assuming I need to go into certain modules and look a little deeper?

Reactions: spartacus 68
FWIW I had to code those functions into my car from std. Is there any chance the car has been coded back?

VCDS, just did a general scan. I'm assuming I need to go into certain modules and look a little deeper?
I'd expect a general scan to pick up on the rear sensors as VCDS will scan all modules. Maybe obvious, what fuse are rear sensors on? EPB, maybe more tricky. I'm sure you can dig deeper on module by module basis.

It sounds like the car's brain does not know that and which gear it is in - or that it is moving, or "clutch pedal up".

Does the "gear indicator" on the dash pod still indicate the gears correctly.

The clutch master/primary cylinder must still be working sort of okay if you can get the starter to run.

It sounds like the car's brain does not know that and which gear it is in - or that it is moving, or "clutch pedal up".

Does the "gear indicator" on the dash pod still indicate the gears correctly.

The clutch master/primary cylinder must still be working sort of okay if you can get the starter to run.
The gear change indicator shows the and suggest the correct gear correctly. Whilst driving I have found a temporary workaround, that being if I hold the (P) button down and start driving from a standing stop the parking brake releases automatically. The options for the parking sensor are still present in the infotainment system too.

Okay, this next question only pertains to the rear parking systems - does the reversing light come on when the car is in reverse?

I'm stuck for any anything else to suggest right now concerning the (non)auto releasing of the handbrake, except, when the car is being held on "hillhold", if you switch the ignition off, does the handbrake get switched on?

Edit:- sorry, one last thing, maybe check the switch module that is mounted on the clutch master/primary cylinder.

Okay, this next question only pertains to the rear parking systems - does the reversing light come on when the car is in reverse?

I'm stuck for any anything else to suggest right now concerning the (non)auto releasing of the handbrake, except, when the car is being held on "hillhold", if you switch the ignition off, does the handbrake get switched on?

Edit:- sorry, one last thing, maybe check the switch module that is mounted on the clutch master/primary cylinder.
Funnily enough I got my neighbour to check if my reverse lights hen I put my car in to reverse. The didn't come on which therefore suggests a plug/switch issue. Going to get my mechanic to check that he plugged everything back in properly tonight.

All sorted
Turns out the plug for the reverse switch was not pushed in fully!

Reactions: rum4mo and spartacus 68