Mobile mechanics.

Mat_90

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a mobile mechanic in the north west. (Burnley) that has all the necessary equipment and knowledge to diagnose a issue on my b7 2.0l Tdi BRD.

Cheers

have you had a vcds or similar diagnosis run on the car yet?

I have no codes showing up on a scan.
My car struggles to start will die/cutout before it ticks over. once running when the accelerator is down to the floor it’s won’t go past 1.5k rev for a good while. Once the car has been running for abit and up to temp the car will rev and not hesitate the same but its doesn’t rev like it should in the lower revs (slow to build up). When you try and set off it’s almost impossible unless you really ride the clutch with high revs or it dies. When I unplug the map sensor the car revs better and can set off better than with it plugged in (I presume goes into a default map) the car has a DPF delete before I got the car and has been mapped out on the ecu.

The car has had

* all injectors tested
* glow plugs
* tandom pump
* N75
* coolant temp sensor
* oil temp seonsor
* MAP sensor
* MAF. Sensor
* turbo checked
* checked the blanking plates in the dpf delete

A good vcds scan is more than just highlighting fault codes that are obvious.
Did the diag check real-time engine running parameters on the engine, such as requested and actual specs , by doing these checks it will highlight components or functions that are not operational or failing.
It is possible to have numerous issues with running and/or components but not get a fault code.

It is very easy to miss a small issue that may not be obvious without more in-depth checks, also replacing parts on a random , it maybe that basis does not allways work so you need to see how the engine is running in real-time based on actual and requested info, you won’t see these from outside or by just replacing parts.

The cars previous owner had done all this (a friend of mine) he has moved away and didn’t have time to sort the car so left it me. I want to see if it is worth fixing or scrapping as it’s taking up room. I don’t think it has had real time checks and this is what I wanted from a mobile mechanic as the car is off the road and unable to drive.