RS3 New Brembo OEM Discs + Ferodo DS Performance pads. Notes & Review

Ben E

Reaction score
Have recently replaced my brake discs and pads. Thought i would share the below info and part numbers for future generations.

RS3 2016 PFL (originally wavy discs)

Upgraded to

Brembo OEM discs, Round style
Ferrodo DS performance pads

You will need:

2 x Brembo BRE09.D174.33 OEM 370mm front discs. ( they are sold individually, so you will need x2 boxes)
1 x Brembo BRE09.A200.11 OEM 310mm rear discs ( they are sold in pairs, so you need x1 box which contains 2 discs)
2 x Ferodo FDS5023 (Front brake pad, 4 per side. You will need x2 boxes)
1 x Ferodo FDS4697 (Rear brake pads, contains 4 pads so you need x1 box).

The discs i bought from GSF parts, as they occasionally have a site wide discount code.

The pads you should buy from Trevor at RFT performance LTD. Contact details below. Just drop them an email.

tleigh@rftgroup.co.uk
or
sales@rftgroup.co.uk

The forum members helped develop these ferodo pads specifically for the RS3 so you should get a discount if you mention this forum.

Total price of all of the above for me was near as dam it £1,000

Front break fitting notes:

• You will need x8 Shims as these pads can be noisy without. They are a direct fit, and Trevor at RFT performance can supply them. Make sure you mention this when ordering.
  • These pads have the correct wear sensor so they are a straight swap.

Rear break notes:

• Needs wear sensor looping out, as the new pads don’t have any wear sensor. Easy job to do.
  • You cant fit any shims, they don’t fit due to the thickness of the new pads. Mine have not been noisy on the rear without shims.
  • The discs are coated/painted so they wont rust like the original Audi ones
  • You will need to use VCDS or a scan tool, such as Carista to ‘open’ and ‘close’ the rear caliper system due to electronic handbreak. You cannot just wind the piston back in without first enabling this via the ‘open’ command. Suggest YouTubing this if you’re unsure.

Thoughts:

Good combo of discs and pads for fast road use. The DS performance pads create less dust than the DS2500’s, but break feel and stopping power is very similar. I have had 0 squealing or noise. The DS performance pads are significantly better than the standard Brembo pads IMO. For a fast road car maintaining the OEM look (and road legal) i defiantly recommend this setup.

Before and after pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5417.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 7D0A3EF6-5E1A-4B98-B9AE-E02E1596FC6A.jpeg
    7D0A3EF6-5E1A-4B98-B9AE-E02E1596FC6A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Poole
FYI i also researched KINTEX wavy discs from AZCarparts to try and maintain the original look, but the customer service was awful. Cant say i recommend using this company, hence going with brembo discs.