Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: markthenewt and Charlie Farley
Hi can anyone confirm if this size will fit my Audi A4 b7 2.0 tdi

5x112

Et 29

Centre bore 66.6

8.5j all round

Thanks
just be careful with tyre clearance on the front strut top knuckle .

Reactions: markthenewt and Jamsmoo
Mines lowered ,40mm ish all round my 19s are spaced to 32 et (just tuck nicely behind the arch) running 235/35 tyres and it’s fine ,occasionally rubs at back fully loaded but that could be sorted with a tweak of the camber

Reactions: markthenewt
also don't forget the spigot rings to make the centerbore 57.1

Reactions: markthenewt
Thanks for the info guys. Think I might take a punt on them. They are off a a5 s- line in pretty nice condition.

Reactions: northpole
Hopefully they'll suit. It, if not I'll keep them as spares or just till I get the ones have now refurbed.

Mines lowered ,40mm ish all round my 19s are spaced to 32 et (just tuck nicely behind the arch) running 235/35 tyres and it’s fine ,occasionally rubs at back fully loaded but that could be sorted with a tweak of the camber

Mine is lowered too on apex 40mm springs. I get a slight rub on the rear now with the 18s I have already (boot full and passengers). But the et will be different. Don't know the et on the wheel I have now as they are after market. Do you think the et of the wheels I plan on getting with the mentioned et will rub more or be the same?

default tyre on 18" is 235/40 on an 8j et43

so 245/40 on an 18" 8.5j et 29 with a thickrim saver ,you may have more rub , you wont know until you fit them.

Reactions: northpole and markthenewt
Et 29 with a 8.5j is just about flush/plumb/level with the arch ,any lower than 29 you’ll start to “poke”
Try to get sense of where your current wheels
Sit in relation to your arch ,as Rob says with those tyres and lowered and 29et you’ll probably need smaller tyres

default tyre on 18" is 235/40 on an 8j et43

so 245/40 on an 18" 8.5j et 29 with a thickrim saver ,you may have more rub , you wont know until you fit them.
Ok thanks. I've just been out to my car. I actually already have 245/40/18s on it.

I've got some pics to to show how it sitting now on the rear .

Et 29 with a 8.5j is just about flush/plumb/level with the arch ,any lower than 29 you’ll start to “poke”
Try to get sense of where your current wheels
Sit in relation to your arch ,as Rob says with those tyres and lowered and 29et you’ll probably need smaller tyres

Oh right, thanks mate. Well I hope I don't have to get new tyres too,View attachment 1000034677.jpgView attachment 1000034679.jpgView attachment 1000034681.jpgView attachment 1000034683.jpgView attachment 1000034685.jpg If that's the case I may not bother. Pics of how it's sitting now with 245/40/18

Your last 2 pics look a different offset to the 3 rd pic
Are they all the same width wheel
Your last 2 pics look very flush ,that’s where I’d guess et28/29/30 would land
Your 3rd pics looks about et35

The main reason for staying with and why so many guys do stay with 235/40 18 on a 8.5 rim is that the small amount of side wall stretch does make a big difference when it comes to wheel arch contact.

factory spec for s-line etc is 18" ET 43 235/40

going to et 29 plus the extra width of the rim (half the 0.5) will move the rim out by 21mm compared to factory which is doable but tyre sizing will be an important factor that you need to consider, not all tyres are the same.

Your last 2 pics look a different offset to the 3 rd pic
Are they all the same width wheel
Your last 2 pics look very flush ,that’s where I’d guess et28/29/30 would land
Your 3rd pics looks about et35

The last 2 pics are of each side. There is a camber on the road along side the kerb so it's a bit of a slope towards the kerb. Probably why it looks off. Yes they are all the same width. The guy I bought the car off had those wheels brand new. A bit battered now though lol

the sidewall height between a 235/40 18 and 245/40 18 is only 4mm but the overall height changes from 645mm to 653mm , something to factor and your speedo will be incorrect but hey personal choice really, if 245 works for you and problem free then go for it. :thumbs up:

factory spec for s-line etc is 18" ET 43 235/40

going to et 29 plus the extra width of the rim (half the 0.5) will move the rim out by 21mm compared to factory which is doable but tyre sizing will be an important factor that you need to consider, not all tyres are the same.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate everyone's help. Right that's made my mind up then. I won't bother as part of me wanting those wheels was how wide they are. I want it to have the wide look from the rear if you know what I mean. If I was to go down to 235 I wouldn't be happy with it. I don't want to have to buy any more tires either if I don't have too as those ones on the wheels have plenty of tread so it'd be a waste of money as the wheels and tyres combined would have been a steal.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.. again lol

the sidewall height between a 235/40 18 and 245/40 18 is only 4mm but the overall height changes from 645mm to 653mm , something to factor and your speedo will be incorrect but hey personal choice really, if 245 works for you and problem free then go for it. :thumbs up:
I didn't know that. I thought they would still be the same height. 245 on the rear has been no problem. Just the odd rub every now and again. It's mainly just me and my lad in the car. With passengers in the rear over bump you can hear it scrape. Very rare I have anyone in the back though so it's not been a problem

The main reason for staying with and why so many guys do stay with 235/40 18 on a 8.5 rim is that the small amount of side wall stretch does make a big difference when it comes to wheel arch contact.
Ah right, didn't see this comment. You may have changed my mind then on the tyre sizes

You know the 40 is a percentage of the 240,235 etc number it’s not a measurement

It is but it doesn’t mean mm etc it’s 40% of the width gives the height

So a 245 40 will be taller than a 235 40 on the same width wheel

So a 245 40 will be taller than a 235 40 on the same width wheel

I honestly didn't know this. Every day is school day as they say. Now it all makes sense why you are all suggesting 235 is the preferred size. Thanks mate helps a lot.

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
Thats why you need to be so careful with fitting wheels.
A lot of factors to consider, that said it can be worth the research .
I've been their so many times over the last 10 years with my old bus that it becomes second nature now with B7's.

sometimes the best way to find a the look you want is to adjust the poke with small washers of differing thickness on studs screwed into the hub, that way you can just slide on washers until it looks right, the studs will make it easier to slide the wheels on and off during adjustments etc.

I have a box of washers from 1mm to 5mm thick and 4 bolts that I cut the head off and made a slot in the end to screw them into the hub.
no need to mess around trying to get wheel bolts in and hold the washers in place, which is not easy...lol

Thats why you need to be so careful with fitting wheels.
A lot of factors to consider, that said it can be worth the research .
I've been their so many times over the last 10 years with my old bus that it becomes second nature now with B7's.
Yeah I always do research hence me asking in the first place. So glad I did and I didn't just buy them.

So ok. Ideal world for 18s on my car with it being lowered 40mm would be 235/40. How about 19s? Still 235 but with 35 sidewall? Also what's the best j/et to get the filling the arches look but also so the wheels are not sat in too much?

And yes I like that with the washers. Good idea that is.

235 35 19 8.5j et 30-35 is what I find works best
Also done 225 35 but that was when the roads were better

Reactions: northpole, Charlie Farley and markthenewt
235 35 19 8.5j et 30-35 is what I find works best
Also done 225 35 but that was when the roads were better

Thanks for that mate. Appreciate it.

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
As above.
235/35 19 is pretty well spot size etc in comparison with 235/40 18

Reactions: northpole, Jamsmoo and markthenewt

Just came across this image (Hopefully not anyone's here) and .glad I didn't buy them now. Don't suit it imo. Phew lol

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley