Donnington 4th November

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a track day hopefully with a few lads off here at Donnington on the 4th November. Most of the information is on the link below. I think its reasonably priced at £105 and an extra £20 per passenger.

Is anyone interested? Obviously you pay Donnington direct rather than me.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

Regards

Aky

Good man - looks like its still an empty track. It was Dave B's idea originally. Looks like he has chickened out

I would have been interested but I'm there the following week with a bunch of guys from SeatCupra.net

Might be worth seeing if you can do the following week instead,along with the seat lads??? I cant wait to get round a track but working on the house this year so cant really justify the expense at the mo...I was planning on going the following week just to watch & get an idea how it all works so to speak.???

I'm undecided at present, right now I have a car that wouldn't pass scrutineering due to a massive oil leak...

Dave_Bayern said:
I'm undecided at present, right now I have a car that wouldn't pass scrutineering due to a massive oil leak...
Dave its an A3 so an oil leak isn't going to ruin its image :eyebrows:

Wes G said:
Might be worth seeing if you can do the following week instead,along with the seat lads???

Not a bad idea. I'll bob over to the other side and see whether they would let us join

Image?

I'm more concerned for the safety of others TBH. If someone was on track in front of me leaking oil, and it caused me trouble, I'd knock his head off.

I think its the turbo oil feed, and not the return, which is a shame as itmeans unbolting the turbo...

Aky said:
Not a bad idea. I'll bob over to the other side and see whether they would let us join
Here is the linky. I'm sure Tris won't mind a few Audis as well - we already have a Mk5 Golf GTi in the group.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137881

Currently 16 on the list, most people going in the intermediate group with a few going in beginners. Still plenty of space.

Oh I am with you now Dave!

Will let me when you got it fixed and I will see you there!

The SeatCupra lot are really nice people for the most part, I met a couple last time I was at Donington, so it might be an idea just to piggyback their day.

I havent had the car out since the work was done, so theres no way I'd go in an intermediate group with a car I dont know, so might be nice and empty for me if I can go.

Right now an oil leak, lack of MOT, Insurance and Tax is the only thing stopping me making the £105 payment for the track day!

I'm now doing this the 25th instead.

Turns out a load of people I know are organising the 25th as its the last event of the year so I'm going to do that one instead.

3 weeks longer to save up and all that.

me and Aky are flying the AS flag then!

jojo said:
Spectator ok? Jason, are you hitting the track?
Damn right I am

PS I had a go in this today and its got me hungry for speed
lambonastonday036.jpg

voorhees said:
Damn right I am

PS I had a go in this today and its got me hungry for speed
lambonastonday036.jpg

Very nice!

My mate invited me to a trackday in his AMG SLK, and he even paid the extra for me to drive his car! So I was launching the thing sideways out of every corner I could, it was pretty fun. I'm thinking of returning the favour in my S3. :racer:

Well I've put a post on the Seat Forum asking if ok to join in. I'll let you know whether its ok.....

Course it's ok. I saw Tris from SC.net today at the WTCC @ Brands and he is happy for anything VAG to come along.

The 10th November was chosen to replace an 'exclusive' VAG and French track day at Brands in December which we had been invited to but then asked not to book for because we wanted to book too many people in! They were concerned that there wasn't enough room for the rest of the VAG brand as SC.net had over 20 people interested.

So if we can fill Donington with VAG group cars then great.

Aky and Jason - you still coming along to this?? Just one week to go now. Looking forward to it...

jcs356 said:
Aky and Jason - you still coming along to this?? Just one week to go now. Looking forward to it...
Jay
I'm going to book it in the morning so I'll see you there

jojo said:
Is it ok to turn up to spectate?
Yes it'll save you taking shortcuts like Castle Combe mate :laugh:

Oops, that is a bit confusing! The original plan was to go on the 4th, but then Audi-Sport and SeatCupra teamed up together to go on Saturday 10th instead.

It is free to spectate.

jcs356 said:
Oops, that is a bit confusing! The original plan was to go on the 4th, but then Audi-Sport and SeatCupra teamed up together to go on Saturday 10th instead.

It is free to spectate.

That's cool, more time for me to arrange a day off, I should be able to pop over, it's around 40 miles away for me.

I might pop over for a look... been a bit mad at home since CC and my car has only done maybe 20 miles since!!! My other half has been in hospital for a couple of weeks but is now home & on the mend...I`m driving her mad so she wants rid of me for the day:sorry: .....:) been driving her company car ...a new astra so will be nice to go for a little trip in mine:icon_thumright:

OK, more the merrier. I think there are still some spaces if you fancy an outing on the track - £105 for the day in advance or £125 if paid on the day.

Dont think I`ll make it on track, its more just to get out of the other halfs way for a bit...although once I get there if they do just an afternoon session I might get tempted, I dont think I`ll be there very early though, maybe not till about 11`ish... Do you know how many of the seat lads are going-is Tris or Stu about???:cool:

Wes G said:
I might pop over for a look... been a bit mad at home since CC and my car has only done maybe 20 miles since!!! My other half has been in hospital for a couple of weeks but is now home & on the mend...I`m driving her mad so she wants rid of me for the day:sorry: .....:) been driving her company car ...a new astra so will be nice to go for a little trip in mine:icon_thumright:

If you are coming from Norwich, isn't it a bit of a trek Wes?

Yeah its similar to CC distance wise I think...anyone know the post code for donnington to save my poor fingers 5 mins work on a search:)

Doh! Just found the PC on the top post:sorry: I`ll see how wet it is on sat when I get up...if its mega wet then I`ll give it a miss but hopefully not???:hubbahubba:

Wes G said:
Yeah its similar to CC distance wise I think...anyone know the post code for donnington to save my poor fingers 5 mins work on a search:)

It's around 150 miles to Norwich for me, and it's approx 50 miles the otherway for dinnington, so bit of a trek mate.