Turn off cars control of charging ?

nutter2

Reaction score
Hi I have a tfsie a3 2023,
I've just switched to Octupus Go tariff and it says I should let them do the scheduling and turn off any other app and the cars timer. So it doesn't conflict.

But how do u turn off the timer? If I do the charging switches to immediate charge mode and vice versa. ?

As part of the signup process to OI GO, did the test charge work successfully? If so, you should be good to go on the intelligent switching, leaving the timers off (which would interfere with the controlled charging).

I presume you have the charger which came with the vehicle?

Hi yes all connected successfully, that's what I'm trying to find out how can you turn off the timers?

You can do it in the vehicle on the MMI ( option appears when switching off the engine), or from within the app.

You will probably notice when plugging in for the overnight charge, that the vehicle wil start charging for a very short time until the initial connection to Octopus is made and charging will go into standby.

8a0589e8a8ef8cf66a5ba8db3f49cf4a.jpg

Yea I tried that but as soon as you switch off timer it then starts to charge immediately, which Octopus says they will stop but when I let it go 2 hrs later it was still charging on peak rate. I just contacted them and they said unless you can turn off both timers they can't stop the car charging atm, they pointed me to a link on their site that showed there are some vag cars having issues. I guess I'm one

Well, as you're signed up ok , you can use GO's 6 hr low rate period anyway by setting the timer for an 0530 departure.

This is how I do it as we have another car with an Ohme charger supplied by Octopus.

It's said that you must have an intelligent charge at least once a (month?) to remain in contract but it's not your fault that it isn't working properly!

Yeah il just use the car and see what they say least they know there's a problem

Reactions: Vic20