Bonnet sagging

50Five

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I have an 2008 A4 B7 convertible with a front bumper that is sagging down and slightly separating at the sides. I plan on removing this, however, in advance I would like to have a little bit more information. First, can anyone advise where I would locate the bumper schematics? In advance of this can anyone tell me the name of the part in the attached photo please? As far as I can see, this might be the part that makes all the difference.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2809.png
    IMG_2809.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: northpole
yes, they are the bumper support/adjusters.
incorrect adjustment will affect the positioning of the bumper and potentially leave an uneven gap at the bonnet and below the headlamps.

Sometimes it is preferable just to buy a new pair and refit rather than mess around trying to free up the old ones.
readily available from dealers and not silly expensive either.

and if you don't want to do that... soak it in penetrating oil. Mine where in a bad state but where still in good nick just needed some lubrication.

Thank you for all your pointers, greatly appreciated guys.

I think I'll buy new ones given they aren't expensive, before removing the front wheels & bumper. From your experience are they're any other possible clips that might need replacing so as to purchase ahead of time?

Cheers

Yeah the ones that keep the bottom splash gaurd on you can get an oem set for cheap but there are better ones available @Charlie Farley will tell you their name since I forgot

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Undertray fittings can be replaced with dzus fasteners that can be undone by hand , kits are available which include the dzus fastener and the looking plate.
There are several sizes so check what you have now.

like these, i have a big bag full that i use on my race bike bodywork but work brilliantly on other removal panels.

Reactions: markthenewt and northpole
Brilliant, thanks again guys. So, i'm not so worried about the under-tray, it's more the bumper placement/alignment so can dzus fasteners be used for those purposes if I locate further broken clips @Charlie Farley? Thanks