Bye Bye

Smoke Breather

Reaction score
Well its been a short affair, and to be fair I've not been the most active member on here but the time has come for me to say good-bye. I'd like to thank everyone thats helped me out over the past 2 years, and I hope I've helped a few of you out in that time aswell.
I sold the S3 on Friday afternoon, I'd had itchy feet for a while, I was getting ****** of that I had to reduce my daughters pram to its component parts just to fit it into the boot and I wanted something that was properly fast not just "nippy". To get the S3 to the performance that I wanted would of cost a fortune so I decided to start with a new template............
I pick up the Evo 8 FQ360 MR on friday and if I'm honest I can't wait, you can have your leather interiors and rock solid build quality for now, I want something thats gonna put a smile on my face and the S3 stopped doing that a bit ago. I've also got a score to settle with my mate who got his E46 M3 last week, time to show him what a really quick car is.
So thats it from me, no doubt I'll pop back when I've got it out of my system and want something with a bit of refinement.
Smokey :icon_thumright:

I've got to say, going from a remapped S3 to a Evo FQ360 is quite a jump! I've tried an FQ300 and an FQ320, both very quick and capable, so an FQ360 can only be quicker!:racer:..... The performance and ability will take your mind away from the creature comforts, so enjoy it..... I would. :)

It is a massive difference over the S3, the test drive was a real eye opener, nearly soiled my pants! :w00t: I think I'm gonna take it easy for a few days til I get used to it before I start getting giddy in it, I know a few of a few peeps that have stuck their new Evo in a ditch within 24/48hrs of getting it.
Without wanting to sound soft, I'm a bit nervous to be honest but at the same time can't wait, Friday can't come quick enough. 0 - 60 in 3.9 as standard, wonder what that will get down to with a few mods :jump:

Big step.

I just got rid of my 383 bhp Evo VIII FQ330, great great car and amazing fun to drive. Horrendously expensive to keep running (try 5mpg when your playing!!), but I had to move on as I needed an estate.

Enjoy!

good luck with your new car
I can better that mpg...4 mpg by an evo at donny park earlier this year

Good luck with the new beast...... Hope you don't spend too much cash on the forecourts!!!

out of curiousity how much did the evo set you back? good luck with the new car and enjoy

voorhees said:
I can better that mpg...4 mpg by an evo at donny park earlier this year

I'm prepared for the running costs, don't buy a tiger if you can't afford to feed it! :icon_thumright:

Good choice fella :)

I know what you mean about the S3, I am kinda feeling the same and have only had it for 4 months......

Dont get me wrong its a great car but I crave something faster and different. I drove a tuned Bug Eye STi scoob the other day and loved it. Wish I had test drove a few cars before buying the S3 to be honest.

Good luck with the Evo

Did you let the Punto set off first just to **** him off? Oh yeah good luck with the new motor. I'd love one but tiger and food springs to mind!

Aky said:
Did you let the Punto set off first just to **** him off? Oh yeah good luck with the new motor. I'd love one but tiger and food springs to mind!

Certainly did.