Possibly a stupid question!

bonerp

Reaction score
How do I know whether my TDi 1.9 is a quattro or not? Every time I get insurance quotes it comes back as a4 TDI Quattro Sport.

Ive just bought it - its been debadged. I dont have log book yet. Are there are chassis codes fr quattro??

I'm not 100% sure on this, as I don't have a Quattro, but I think all Quattro's have a badge inside near the glovebox aswell on on the rear and one in the grille.

Would have thought even if it was de-badged it would still have the inside and grille badges.

Rich

Go to the back of the car get down on your knees and see if you can see drive shafts going to the rear wheels from a central differential. if no drive shafts then non quattro

Give it some pasty off the line.....if only the front wheels spin you'll have your answer...lol......failing that, give me the chassis number and i'll type it into my system.

the 1.9TDi front wheel drive had the exhaust only on 1 side (2 pipes). The Quattro had 1 pipe on each side (I think!)

cal1470 said:
Give it some pasty off the line.....if only the front wheels spin you'll have your answer...lol......failing that, give me the chassis number and i'll type it into my system.

Someone who thinks along the same mechanical line as me! To quote the late great Colin Mc, if in doubt, FLAT OUT!
Give it some kosh in the wet off the lights, all will be revealed and will save you from wet knees!!

wallacr said:
I'm not 100% sure on this, as I don't have a Quattro, but I think all Quattro's have a badge inside near the glovebox aswell on on the rear and one in the grille.

Would have thought even if it was de-badged it would still have the inside and grille badges.

Rich

Like this.............

Bubs_S_Line_8.sized.jpg

BUB :thumbsup:

enda1 said:
Go to the back of the car get down on your knees and see if you can see drive shafts going to the rear wheels from a central differential. if no drive shafts then non quattro
Easy and most definately the best way to be sure.

ok so its not, however, the insurance quote is oddly £30 cheaper if it was a quattro!!! WTF?!

bonerp said:
ok so its not, however, the insurance quote is oddly £30 cheaper if it was a quattro!!! WTF?!

You'd think it'd be more for a Quattro, but it sounds like they are taking the improved handling and safety aspects of a Quattro into consideration. Good to know, wonder if all insurance companies do the same.

Wish I had a Quattro, maybe on my next one...

how easy is it to fit haha!? Dont think I'll be able to source it for £30 tho!