Blind Spot Mirror

swhurst

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of a 2008 my sportback tdi170 sline, fantastic car but no blind spot mirrors? You know the ones where you can see the line about 3/4 of the way along the door mirror.

Whats anyone else got?

I have a 2006 Audi A3 FSI 2.0t (s-line) and I dont have the blind spot mirrors either. My mums old Nissan Almera did tho!

mine doesnt have it either, and to be honsest i think the a3 needs them, i find it very very hard seeing traffic when i look over my right shoulder due to the very limited view, imo its dangerous.

I asked Audi UK customer Service if the S3 came with these as standard as the 8L did. They called back to say they were unable to comment on weather the S3 had a blind spot or not....
After a long drawn out I conversation I managed to get my dealer to fit one as part of the deal. You can also get them from vagparts for around £25.

I agree, I always take a quick glance over my shoulder and it's saved me a few times over the years.

Having said that I did a little test going down the dual-carriageway and I can clearly see cars in my peripheral vision before they leave the mirror ( even without the blind-spot convex part ).

This was on the driver side mirror, perhaps they are designed so they don't need the blind-spot bit.

I find it surprising they would have removed them without a reason as the old A3 had them.

Having said that I did a little test going down the dual-carriageway and I can clearly see cars in my peripheral vision before they leave the mirror ( even without the blind-spot convex part ).

I'm sure they are already built in. I'm 99% certain it mentions the convex thing when it describes both mirrors on the web site??

A3's don't have them.

To be honest I didn't even notice/miss the difference compared to my B7 A4 which is why I haven't bothered to fit an Ayspherical one.

Doh! Just read the original post, it's not an MY08 change.... Sorry!