285 bhp s3

rub a dub

Reaction score
My mate is currently looking for an s3 at the same time as me, and he has found one that he likes......
The guy showed him the graph and documents proving that it was 285bhp!
What will this of had to have done to achieve this kind of power??

Does it make a difference if it is 210 or 225 standard?

Cheers

I think you will find 285bhp is a bit beyond the limit of the S3's Turbo, even with unlimited resources, hitting 280bhp is the turbo's limit. Realistically, with just a remap, I think power in the region of 260-270bhp is more accurate, my 210 car made 262bhp from an AmD stage1 remap, and consistently around the 260 mark on a few rolling road sessions.
The difference between a mapped 210 or 225 is minimal if anything at all.

The K04 turbo cannot produce that kind of power, the place he got it dyno'd from probably use optimistic rollers. 250-260 bhp is a more reasonable figure.

Who said it was stock turbo!?

What evidence did he have of the power, ie where was it rolling roaded, or was it a vag com log?

It "may" be able to do this sort of power on a K04, or a hybrid K04, on a very high pressure, cold day, with maybe an equal length manifold on it, full exhaust and a host of additional add ons.

I think your mate needs to just ask the owner what has been done to it, get some more details as to where it was converted and where the RR graph was done, then maybe come back and ask whether it seems reasonable or feasible.

PS, before everyone says how impossible it is for that power to be made, there are litterally hundreds of 18Ts out there running far higher power than 285hp, (mine included!). Remember, as these motors get older, there are more radical conversions and more cash being spent on them, as they are a gem of an engine!

Oh and generally, a 210 and 225 will map to the same end power. What makes more difference is the engine code, eg BAM, AMK etc!

Happy Hunting!

Ye I will get him to ask! Sure the guy said it had just been mapped though!!

Does a different exhaust make much of a difference on the s3 then? I heard that they aren't that restrictive!

What makes the difference to wo with the engine codes then? Which one is best??

Cheers

The front pipes are ok but the stock system has some restriction. can make 5-10hp more, but also holds power better and higher with a nice system.

i dont see why its unrealistic to have a graph showing 285bhp at all.....

i think everyone accepts that 260-265 is easily possible from a remap alone.

and we all know that some older (or badly operated) rolling roads can at times be up to 10% out, being 26bhp. so in theory, on a really ***** roller, 291bhp should be possible from a remapped S3.