couple of newbie ????

jimb000

Reaction score
I have just got my 53 a4 190 sport and have a couple of questions

The throttle response is fine when I put my foot down, but taking off foot
there seems like a very slight delay where revs seem to stick ,
is this normal?

also there seems to be a bit of a kluncking noise from passenger front when on bumpy road,

I got it from audi dealer who supposedly do 100 point check

Appart from that I love it,comming from 1.8t golf this is quicker and sweeter round the bends

any advice most appreciated

Hi Jim and welcome to ASN

The noise sounds like a possible problem but there are quite a few things that can cause a noise from top mounts to drop links. yes they may have done a 100 point check but they might not have found this problem is it happens when you are driving and it happens only on bumps.

As for the lift off problem with out driving the car hard to say but what I would suggest is that you call the dealer and report these things as soon as possible so they have a record of the possible problems as being there when you go the car.

best of luck

I've got exact same model as you and the thing about the revs is normal i think. Mine takes a short while dropping the revs, not too long thou. As for the klunking i'd take it back the dealers for peace of mind. Good cars thou are'nt they.:icon_thumright:

ive got the same car, and same thing with the revs and the clunk. but i get it from the driver side front

Same car/spec but none of your symptoms mate... best to get it checked out - good luck

quick update
Took it back to audi they replaced rear arb bush while I waited
on drive home could still hear a slight rattle on bumpy roads
(waste of time)
sounds like something is loose( noise seems to come from all over)not on any particular corner
any suggestions!!

It's most likely to be bushes, so keep getting them checked.

Things just don't rattle all together all over, has to be something...

Could be your anti roll bar drop links, had the problem before on my old car. Really annoying but a cheap fix.

I'd say top arm bushes myself as I used to get it on my Passat over bumpy roads, easy enough to change, did all mine myself.