Just fitted my clutch

jeffers999

got boost
Reaction score
Hey guys i just got home from fitting my clutch im my s3, I must say it was not as bad as i thought to fit, the car drives awesome again now, No slipping and the new clutch is actually lighter than standard.

Just need the fuel prices to go down now so i can afford to use it again..

Yea it was in the way so i undone it from the steering rack alot easier, I just been out in the rain put my foot down in first and it spun all 4 wheels never ever done that before quite fun really lol..

how much did it cost you mate, ? my clutch is on its way out

and might sound thick, but was does slipping mean ?

Slipping is noticable when you are in say 3rd or 4th gear put your foot down and the car revs but the car dont move if u get me ???.
It cost me £900 :sadlike: but i got a uprated flywheel and a heilex clutch .
Drives very nice too.

ouch.... £900

what manual did you use to do this your self ?

my clutch pede; just stays down, i have to keep pumping it to get it into gear, what you think i have to change ?

Im a mechanic anyway build gearboxes and fit clutches all day so it was not to bad for me,, By the sounds of yours it try bleading your clutch first before you go down the clutch route may just have some air in the system ??

Lol yea uprated clutch with lightned and blanced flywheel its alot lighter than standard too and alot more responsive ..

Still, its a lot. A Helix organic clutch and flywheel is WAY less than 900 normally isnt it?

****** hell jeff, £900 on a clutch are you mad? Mine is gonna need changing soon, Fancy fitting mine along with the intercooler? LOL So is it worth me getting 1 for that price or just getting a standard 1 ? Do the uprated 1's last longer?

Another thing jeff off subject, where did you get your pod for your gauges from?

Ok mate well £900 is alot of ££££ but the car is so much more responsive now with the flywheel too, Yea ill fit a clutch for ya mate no probs, It depends how u wanna use your car if its worth you buying an uprated clutch or not i do drive mine hard so its will be worth it for me,
I bought my pod holder for e bay where else LOL ys that ??
jeff

Hey jeff i dont really use the car alot and dont drive it very hard at all. So i think ill get an upgraded clutch but not pay too much money LOL, Any clutches you can recommend ( or anyone else?)

Dan said your pod looked really good so was wondering.

Hows the car going? My is going in for a service soon!

I had a Sachs paddle clutch fitted at APS in Brackley yesterday for £700 inc vat and parts. Very nice it is too, launches like a rocket now!