in this cold weather my turbo is whistling loud!

grays3

Reaction score
i had my car mapped a few weeks ago and also had a panel filter and a forge dump valve fitted at the same time! i noticed after doing it the car sounded different i was expecting that! but late at night and early mornings the turbo was lots louder than before! and now with the cold weather its like it all the time! it sounds like a screaming kid lol! but its pulling great! anyone else noticed there cars screaming or is my turbo ********??

I think its possible for sure, mine certainly seems louder at 6am in the cold winter air!

perhaps its just because the rest of the world is so quiet at such an ungodly hour?

Recently mine has been sounding like airplane landing gear. That noise when the landing gear goes up/down, thats what my turbo sounds like.

I hope its not knacked...

Dave_Bayern said:
Recently mine has been sounding like airplane landing gear. That noise when the landing gear goes up/down, thats what my turbo sounds like.

I hope its not knacked...
mine is very hight pitched to! i dont understand? dont really no how to test for a boost leak!

Funky_Junky said:
Mine's doing the same, they can't all be knackered surely...
tell me about it! its just such a change you cant normally here it much! now its screaming!

Mine (different car, similar engine) whistles louder in the cold. Should get even louder and more consistant with a FMIC & TIP fitted.

Dave_Bayern said:
That noise when the landing gear goes up/down, thats what my turbo sounds like....

Well thats what I build test and develop for a living so even if that sound isnt pleasent its better than the sounds of people screaming as the plane skids off the runway... If your turbo sounds like that THEN your in trouble. Trust.

My turbo sounds sexual :)