A few questions for 2.0 TDI 140 Owners

I think post 36 puts the 68mpg claims into a better context. Had the full mpg figures shown in that post been posted originally then the collective eyebrow may not have been raised.
The 'What Car' 0-60 figures for the A3 140 are 9.5secs. 7.6 for the 120d and 7.0 for the 123d. It is quite possible the 120 that was driven was defective. That difference in measured performance would unquestionably be noticable. As K-Dash knows what he felt when he drove the 120d then a defect is the only realistic answer.

This thread gets interesting!

Right Banacek get your detective skills out!

Getting the logs out and checking ip addresses may be more productive.......

Well I did prefer George Peppard's approach to investigating, far more entertaining.

DaveLamb said:
I have logged in under this account as I do not wish to say this under my normal account publicly.
Bowfer is a complete **** that argues about everything. He just baits people and is the casue of most bad feeling around here.

Why do you feel the need to hide your thoughts of someone else on an internet forum by using another account? I'm sure Bowfer's feelings won't be hurt if you let him know who is really venting!

Oh, The source of my bad feeling is my car, not Bowfer :)

Bowfer is a complete **** that argues about everything. He just baits people and is the casue of most bad feeling around here.

I agree that Bowfer does have some strong views on some subjects but to call he a '****' is a bit un-called for.

His main problem is that he choose a DSG equipped car without test driving one first. He then found out it did not behave in the way he expected but, because it was a company car, he was stuck with it for three years. One of the disadvantages of having a company car. Personally, if I disliked a car as much as he dislikes his A3, I would have changed it very quickly. One of the advantages of owning your own car.

Because he dislikes the DSG so much, I think it colours his judgement on everything to do with the A3 and even Audi in general.

He will soon have a nice new BMW Alpina D3 and I'm sure he will be much happier. Expect some glowing reports on how wonderful it is in every way.

DaveLamb said:
He is soon to be downgrading his car

:) :) :)

:gaehn:

I don't think I 'bait' people, but I speak as I find.
If someone comes out with outrageous or incorrect claims, I find that hard to ignore.
I don't make things up for the sake of argument either.
My comments on DSG are factual, based on three years of frustration with a flawed product. I've never mentioned it doing anything that other owners haven't also found, even if it doesn't annoy them.
My opinions on Audi, as a whole, are based on a car that has been full of niggly faults and uses more oil than Harry Ramsdens, and which is currently driving about with a grinding wheel bearing because of an incompetent dealer.
Really, the only good thing I can say about my car, at the moment, is that it gets me from A to B without getting wet.
Oh...hang on...the seats get wet when you open the door...damn...

Oh, BTW, I suspect I may know who Mr.Lamb may be.
One can almost tell by the fact he's getting all moist(y).:lazy:

you really are quite a cantakerous individual aren't you.

My "claims" are hardly outrageous.

I've explained about the mpg and it would seem from more reasonable people on the board it is doable. **** it i know it is, for i have done it.

The BMW discussion you cannot leave alone is one that you should have understood by now.
I drove a 120d it was crap. It is possible it was a dud. Failing that I must just be a bad driver ay?

I do get the feeling if you were not buying a bmw you wouldn't care so much.

If you don't like audis why come here?

I'm sure your a very nice guy but on here you seem to be the most derogatory forum superhero i've ever experienced.

DaveLamb said:
I can assure you most of what you say is because you are a first class keyboard warrior. You certainly would not say half the things you say here to peoples faces.

H

Urm -any idea what a hypocritical idiot you have just come across as? Slating Bowfer for hiding beind a internet forum in order to express his feelings that you believe he'd otherwise not say face to face, yet on the same forum you feel the need to hide your identity in order to vent at someone else?

incredible

And no, my DIS is not faulty, a nice gentle drive, without traffic lights or speedy stop/starts, at night, taking it nice and easy to miss the stags. 96 miles since I filled up... you do the maths. 12 gallons to a tank(?) = 76 mpg if I could drive the same way for the rest of the tank :asskicking:

audimpgdo0.jpg

stewarta13wsb said:
Not entirely 100% getting where you are coming from fella.. not that i necessarily dispute what you've said but thats hardly conclusive; mine says 820 regularly but i get nowhere near it and on occasions I've not zeroed my counter immediately after filling up..

Mind you 68 miles per gallon on a car in 2005 with only 2478 miles? Lord you must be doing 100 mpg now!

mister.c. said:
Not entirely 100% getting where you are coming from fella

Just a quiet word of support for K-Dash really. His 68mpg is clearly possible from my experience and my DIS photo. Neither of us are claiming it as a 'full tank average or possibility' we're just saying in certain circumstances it's perfectly achievable - mine was going to average 76mpg if I'd continued that style of driving, or at least it would have had I been able to stay awake long enough - boring but economical!!

That A3 Sportback has now gone, replaced by an A3, and I've never managed to get that figure again. I guess the novelty wore off and the driving style became a little more aggressive (even when new and running in) because it wasn't the first unique Audi experience for me any more?

PS: DIS was reset. I filled up in Glasgow and had driven the 92 gentle, running in miles, to Glencoe.