A3 Black grill

Yip. Good Deal. I bought one from this seller. Came all wrapped up in Audi Box. Mint. Fitted to my now sold 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback.

Clips on old frame not easy to prize out but black grill looked great. Used existing S-Line badge.

Oh the other thing was. Audi want £300 for black optik kit. So you buy this, do the bumper removal thing. Get yourself a can of Halfords Matt Black spray paint. (The paint is for the number plate holder which does not come with the Black Grill) and bobs your uncle on the car for less than £90. Ta Da. Although my S-Line is gone only a week or so ago. I never saw any other A3's with the black grill on. It looked the DB's

This grill is also only for an A3 not an S3. There are 11 vertical slats on the A3 to 7 or 8 on the S3. Now that i am a proud owner of an S3 I noted that.

I think i'll order this then, does the bumper have to be removed then?

Thanks again JJ.

TDI.

Yes you'll need to remove front bumper completely. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere for that. If not give me a shout and I'll fill in the gaps. (The ones to remember are the two forward facing bolts (one each side) just behind/side off indicator in headlamp unit). every other one is easy.

You need a nice soft area to lay down your bumper with a bit of space face down.

The tricky bit is removing the old grill. As you would imagine its clipped in all the way round. The problem is you just don't have enough hands & fingers to prize away all the clips in a fashion to release them all at the same time. ******! Audi is just too good at building cars.

Now i wasn't keeping the old grill so in stepped the dremel multitool. Using a small disc cutter i sliced through the tips of grill clips male connections(not the bumper retaining side or female side if you like) in a couple of places that then allowed me to begin to pop the others.

Once out the new black grill goes back in with no fuss and perfect fit. Makesure all clips poppets are fully home and thats it. Re-fit bumper and you have new exclusive front end.
TA DA!" :icon_thumright: