RNSe & Ipod Track names

JohnS3

Reaction score
A chap over on TSN has recently posted this in the ICE forum -

"I have an email from Dension confirming that they have released the GATEWAY 300 CAN version. They tell me this will display track names on the RNS-E and DIS. However I can't find anywhere to buy this in the UK.

The part number for this is GW32AC1, google doesn't give any hits."

Does anyone know anything about this? There's nothing on the Dension website and google only lists the post on TSN.
:confused: :confused:

I called them and they spoke to me like I was some sort of lunatic.

They had absolutely no idea what I was on about and categorically told me that no such was manufactured by them. They said they had no record of the part number.

So, either the person I spoke to hadn't been told about the new model or indeed there is no new model at all?

Must say their customer service was rather rude and abrupt though.

It'e a shame really. I would have been first in the queue to buy one of these.
Relatively speaking the RNS-e is now old technology and I can't really see a product being produced now the MMI is in almost the whole Audi range.

Hi guys. First post as have just acquired a S3 - great car!

First thing i want to do is the ipod thing. On dension website there is the gateway 300 system that looks like the part the original post at top of page was referring to (cant post link as system wont let me until i have 2 posts or more!) About 1/2 way down is a pic of a DIS display with IPOD track display.

There is also a 400 version that allows retention of cd changer.

Looks promising or am i just being a noob?