Anyone got 6 or 8k Xenon bulds in there S3?

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
I know that the standard Xenon use D2S but 6k or 8k? Just want brighter white, not really after the blue look.

Just wondering if anyone has changed them?

Thanks in advance!

Aye, I'm using bulbs supplied by RichA3Turbo/JBS, but you can get them from eBay etc all the same.

Way brighter than the S3 standard Xenon bulbs (I'm running facelift S3 lamp units)

Well, possibly not brighter but the colour temp change from 4300K to 6000K seems to make a difference.

Damien I've got 5000k's in mine, they are pure white no hint of blue at all, unlike 6000k which I have in my A4. I prefer the look of the A4, but they are still slightly blue and the 5000k look a lot sharper and crisp. Also the S3 are Philips 4300k OEM.

i have 8k ones in mine, good blue tinge to them, not sure if they are any brighter than the std ones, but it actually makes the std xenons look good now :)

any links to where they can be purchased from?

Totally unrelated, and a little bit green - can anybody tell me how to tell the difference between the 100bhp, 115bhp and 130bhp diesel engines. What's the deal with the red i in TDi...?

Ive just ordered a set of 10k Hid's yes 10k!!

They were only cheap so wanted to see how Blue they would be, Paid 45GBP for them posted from HK should have them by the end of the week im hoping.

Will post a pic so you can see.... Generally though 6000k seems to be the best.

Dont bother paying 200+ for HIDS get the HK ones they come with 2 years warranty too so you cant go wrong!

Jason

Phil James said:
Totally unrelated, and a little bit green - can anybody tell me how to tell the difference between the 100bhp, 115bhp and 130bhp diesel engines. What's the deal with the red i in TDi...?

Artichokes with bacon.........hmmmmmmm! :)

S3_Tom said:
any links to where they can be purchased from?
i will sell you mine for £20 delivered, going to start the strip back to std for sale looming in the new year.. just bought myself a daily driver golf, so time for the S3 to move on and a new toy to arrive in the new year.

I will take a pic tonight to show how blue they look, and you can go take a look at your car to compare to the pic

claudefrog said:
i will sell you mine for £20 delivered, going to start the strip back to std for sale looming in the new year.. just bought myself a daily driver golf, so time for the S3 to move on and a new toy to arrive in the new year.

I will take a pic tonight to show how blue they look, and you can go take a look at your car to compare to the pic

yeah ok. can i see some pics please

4300k is closest colour temperature to natural light and offers the best performance. Anything above this is a sacrifice.

You can improve the standard units by fitting high power ballasts. A few companies in the states do this conversion.