C6 4F Auto Dimming rear view mirror

mavala

Oops!!!!
Reaction score
HI all, I am new on here and I already have a question.

I have just purchased from Germany, an auto dimming Rear view mirror with compass. It is an original Audi item and comes with a plug with 6 wires connected in it.
I installed the mirror with no problems until I removed the central console and did not find anywhere to connect the plug to!
As there was no wirring diagram included, I am now stuck.
Does anyone know what the six wires are supposed to be connected to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
:keule: :keule: :keule:

Are you sure the wire isnt tucked away in the headlining somewhere? I helped a mate fit one to an A4 and the wiring was there, just took some finding!

If your sure the wire is not there then its easy to hook up, just find a copy of the wiring diagram and away you go. I've only got diagrams for a B7 A4 so I wont quote you colors and pin numbers from that as they may well differ slightly.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll have another look at the weekend.
If you have a wiring diagram of the one you fitted to your friend's car, that could be usefull if I can't find the connector in the roof lining.
The colours I have in the grey plug are:
1. White
2. Black
3.Grey
4. Yellow
5. Brown
6. Green

You might get lucky and find it! If not I'm sure someone with a recent copy of Elsawin will look up the diagram for you and post it up.

:idea:
I had a good search in the roof lining and could not find any plug for it.
I did find a wiring diagram on the Gentex website.
For my car, I only needed wires 1, 2 and 3.
1 is +12V
2 is Earth
3 is connected to the +12V on the reversing lights. This makes the mirror clear when selecting reverse gear.
The other wires are for the auto dimming side mirrors which I don't have.
I took the +12V from the fuse box where it says Auto dimming rear view mirror (Makes sense).
As there was no fuse or connection at the other end of this circuit, I deducted that it must not be pre-wired.
It took me about an hour to install and about 5 minutes for the compass to calibrate itself. Works great and the missus is happy that it looks like factory fit.
;) Thanks for your help anyway ;)