Wipers

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Sounds like I've got a mouse trapped in the inner workings of my wipers - there's a squeek each time the wiper sweeps the windscreen. It's not the wiper rubber sqeeking against the glass, it's coming from the linkage somewhere. Does anybody know how to remove the cover to get to the linkage arms? I need to get some mouse poison(or maybe some lithium grease) in there to shut it up.:think:

Mine did the same, I removed the wiper arms from their spindles and sprayed grease on the spindles and it seeped into the linkage and stopped the squeeking... so no need for mouse traps

I've had them off before when I replaced the standard wipers with the aero wipers, and at the time i did try spray some lube in all the places I could reach, but typically the squeek obviously wasn't within reach. I put a very light coat of copper slip onto the wiper spindles so hopefully they won't be welded to the arms again. I really need to get the cover off so I can get to the rest of the mechanicals, anyone know how to remove it?

I have just done this on my 04 b6 1.8t , the cover is held on with three clips one on the left by the ecu one in the middle and one on the right, even with these off the cover appeared to be welded on:think: ,starting at one side with a small flat blade screwdriver I managed to prise it off to get it moving and then brute force did the rest:laugh:,be warned the linkage is a pig to remove ,I had to undo the ecu box and pull it as much as the wiring allowed to wangle out the assembly:) .With this done the moving parts can be separated ,I couldnt believe how stiff they were and still worked albeit very slowly.Polish the shafts and loads of copper grease , replace and jobs a good un:salute:
PS try to mark the position of the wipers BEFORE removal , not like me:keule: