2007 S3 ipod nano v3

mikey_abz

2007 Audi S3
Reaction score
Hi there,

Firstly I’d like apologies if this seems a repeat of a similar thread but….

I have asked Santa for a Ipod Nano v3 8gb for xmas and was wondering what Ipod kit is compatible?

I have been reading other threads/post but frankly I’ve been overwhelmed with conflicting reports! :(

Can anyone be specific for my 2007 S3 with concert radio (no Bose)?

I also like the look of the ipod holders but do they all require holes drilled (if they do I wont buy one)

How easy is it to run cable through the front console without use of drills etc....?

I really want to get an Ipod purely to do away with the large quantities of cds I keep in the car.

any info on this subject is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Was looking at ipods today but i'm not sure whether to get a nano v3. I'm not 100% if it will be able to work with stereo can anyone assist?

Regards,
Mike

Dension do some good kits that use the standard radio connections and the mounts they provide are I think compatible with the new Nano. Using a Brodit mount as well will mean you can mount it on the car without any drilling etc.

Take a look at the site below as they sell the Dension kits and Brodit mounts.

www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk

I ordered a dension gateway 100 and the cable as I believe a mounting kit hasnt been made yet for the relatively new ipod Nano Version/Gen 3.

how have other A/S3 owner routed the cables into the glove box?
dont really want to start making holes etc...

Mike

I have just received my gateway100. what is the best way to run a cable into the glovebox?
also where have people earthed the gateway apadter?

Regards,
Mike

there should be a point on the headunit where you can earth the dension to. You'll probably need to crimp a small spade connector to the dension earth cable.

No idea on the 8P glovebox, but on my 8L, I had to drill a hole. I made sure it was in the top right corner behind the passenger airbag defeat switch so that it was impossible to be seen. I made the hole just big enough to pass the DENSION (round) end of the cable through, and tied a VERY loose knot in the cable outside of the glovebox so that any excessive pulling on the cable wouldn't rip wires out of the headunit.

I have setup the nano version 3 with the gateway 100 in my S3. why does it jump from any cd 1-4 onto cd 5 once its been playing for 20secs or so???

Can you also control the ipod controls not radio when its connected? it doesnt work. :(

Mike