Spacers and ebay

they look like they are made from steel!
most good spacers are a good quality aluminium,
the coating on the steel which is now just been made illegal to coat any metal with it, its rubbish and if getting wet and warm they are going to be rusting within 6months!

Ok, thanks for that, always a catch, when you think something is too cheap. I'll keep on looking :)

sitrials said:
they look like they are made from steel!
most good spacers are a good quality aluminium,
the coating on the steel which is now just been made illegal to coat any metal with it, its rubbish and if getting wet and warm they are going to be rusting within 6months!

can you expand on this, i can't see any reference to coatings in the advert, i'd be interested to know what the coating is and why it's now illegal.

in my opinion i'd rather go for a steel spacer because the weight of the car is sitting on the spigot, personally i wouldn't feel safe with all the suspension forces being contained by an ally spigot. i think ally is used because of the reduced weight making it less likely for you to get balancing issues

The weight of the car and all force 'should' be on the bolts, if it works as per a normal wheel mounting face.

I wonder how much heavier the steel ones are?

They might be OK depending on weight if you painted them to stop rust.