Got my Warrenty Spray Job Done..

T11OM F

Fearon
Reaction score
Website
www.sloar-shades.eu
Well , a little of it..

Went to Poole Audi, they sent me to the bodyshop. First guy came to look at it, said it was not covered, i argued the toss, which he did not like, but he said he would submit it, but they only carry 6 yrs warrenty, not 12.

3 weeks later get a phone call, 4 days later its in, get a nice VW POLO 1.0 3 cylinder jobby, 2 days later car is done..

Ok, picked it up at night, and they said they could not do the door rust, usual place, as this was not covered.

They were rectifying rust on the roof rails of both sides.

All the sprayed was the whole rear 1/4 on both sides and the bit above the door.. not the roof...

Ive got a major colour clash now, as it does not match up with the roof, bumpers or doors, lol, its a lighter colour.

I dunno weather to kick up a fuss or not, as i know my car has been blowen over, and dont want to stir my own mess, if that makes sense..

It wouldnt be so bad if they did the door and wing..

Do you think it's a different shade of paint, or different shade due to fade? If it's the latter, maybe a session of paint correction from a local detailer could do something about it?

Surely it was a 1.2 3 cylinder, I know things in Poole are a bit different!!!!

Cheers

R (just sewing another badge on me VAG anorak!!

TT:hubbahubba:

i had that with an one of my old cars (vauxhall) turned out the paint was mixed every so slightly different so turned out darker than the original!
If you can prove its not down to fading id say take it back and complain!

try this, play stupid and ask them if they think your colour blind to them, then if they say ok, cool! If not then kick up a fuss!
i'd try that

I would treat this as if they had charged you for the work. So ask yourself if you had paid £800 for the paint work would you be happy? of course not. No one has done you any favours here so take it back and say you arent happy with the colour match. Dont take any crap from the garage either.