CD Multichanger Problem

GarryA3

Reaction score
Hi guys,just wondering if any of you could give me advice on this.I have the original 6 CD multichanger in the boot and as normal put new music in the cartridge last night and put it in the multichanger.When turning on the engine the display on the stereo said error.I took out the cartridge,put it back in and then the display said "no cd".It will now not eject the cartridge.
When im pressing the eject button i can see a red led flashing inside the unit so im not sure it would be a fuse or anything.
I love my music on in the car so im a bit ****** about it lol.
I also dont want to force the cartridge out either.
Any tips or advice???

Probably just needs a lens clean, they get pretty filthy over time
CDERReject.jpg

Is that card some kind of special card mate?Ive never seen it before so i tried it with a simple credit card type card with no luck.I also had a look at the handbook for the sound system and it gave me 3 different error codes and im sure the error code i got was a fault mechanism.

Anyone had this problem???Christmas with no music is bleak lol

Hi all,

Just recently bought myself a very good condition 1.8 5dr A3. Awaiting collection on 2nd Jan :)

Wanted to ask a question regarding the cd changer, as mine is also the original.

Is it possible to play mp3 on the exisiting cd player or can I take out the stereo to replace with my Sony mp3 stereo and still be able to use the cd interchanger as it is?

A bit of a noobie question I know. First time Audi buyer so still in doubt.

Else I would have to rip out the stereo completly?

Merry Christmas all btw :) :respekt:

Rikster23 said:
Is it possible to play mp3 on the exisiting cd player or can I take out the stereo to replace with my Sony mp3 stereo and still be able to use the cd interchanger as it is?
Nope - the OE CD player and changer will only play audio CDs.