Brand new mod

is that for the back or what? i thought they were for the 8L

Yes it's for the rear passenger compartment. The ebay item says it's for an 8P (3-door) and an 8PA (sportback). It's the same as the one fitted to cars that have the 'lighting pack' with two push-button switch controlled reading lights. But the ebay one has, in addition, two red ambient light LEDs similar to those in the front.

I've also seen switches for the dash (near the hazard light switch) that have an illuminated S-Line logo embossed in them. Very expensive for what it is though - whoever is manufacturing them must be doing quite well.

Are all the connections already available in the car to add that rear light in the back seats?

Nice extra mod I think :)

No sure - the rear light unit with the map reading lights has a connector with 4 wires so I would assume all would be OK. This is the type of rear light you get with the lighting pack.

The standard unit that does not have the map reading lights only needs two wires but it may well be wired the same as the other unit. It's needs someone WITHOUT the map reading lights to pull their light out of the headlining and see how many wires there are in the connector. The unit is just a simple push fit into the headlining.

Boydie said:

It's a straight replacement for the existing light, I've got one in my Sportback. I replaced the one in the front to include map reading lights and the LEDs. It pays to have friends in the local Audi parts department!!

Bought one of these spare button/LED lights from this guy in Austria. Went for the S3 emblem with Blue LED. Its pattery i know but looks the business. Adds that wee something to the dash.

If i knew how to upload pics I'd be able to show you how it looks. Very happy with it.:)

Hi, am from Singapore and have this this to share for you guys. basically it serve no purpose other than replacing the empty caps. But night illumination is pretty good though.

I kinda half like that illuminated S3 logo... think it may be better matching the reds tho... blue is a bit wild. ;)

When i push it 261 horses suddenly appear in front of my car and it just seems to wizz past lesser beings.LOL.
Na does nothing but simply illuminates where a blank button once was. I say futher up its pattery but looks good IMO.
As for not matching each to their own. Different is a word that defines us all.:o.k:

Mike, what have you got on your sportback? the button linked up to the switchable map??? If so...please expand, I would interested in doing this mod...

lol.
oh yeah i didn't notice.

another reason not to order one.

the fact it wouldn't fit and the fact it could possbily be the most ridiculous mod i've ever seen.