Rolling Road Session in 2008

jamieface

the only S3 in the villiage
Reaction score
hi there guys was just wondering if anyone would be interested in coming along to an organised RR session and maybe sort out a group buy for something or other ?? Ive personally never done this before but fancy giving it a go ???
let me know what u guys think ???????????

cheers j

id be up for it
awesome gti do good dyno days
put me down
:)

come on guys and gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This would be a right laugh. im up for being humiliated with my **** poor power output !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rename this thread to 'anyone interested doing a RR day as long as its on your doorstep?'

voorhees said:
rename this thread to 'anyone interested doing a RR day as long as its on your doorstep?'

:w00t: hahaha

well if we choose somewhere in the middle (i.e MANCHESTER) then its in the middle for everyone? I dont know fight amongst yourselves :p

manchester? middle?

the middle would technically be watford gap services wouldnt it? as thats the official north/south divide? (or so ive been told)

Manchester is way OOP NORF for most people.

These things will never work to keep everyone happy, as we are just too wide spread.

That said, if anyone around our area fancies a dyno day, i would be well up for it.

Its fair to say that everyone within range of No Rice should be able to make it, and that includes me, Dave_Bayern, Jampublic, A3_turbo, HTC, Ed Harris, and a fair few others from the london/south area.

I'm going to be taking my A3 to an independant rolling road soon after its mapped anyway!

i'd possibly be intrested. dont mind where. went to awesome with golf before, that was a good day out.
chipped uk are kinda central arnt there?
would JBS be intrested?

Hi all
I know we are up norf
But we do rolling road days
Done a few past couple o months
We charge £35.00 all in for 2WD and £45 all in for 4WD with laminated printouts afterwards
They all go on our web site and a video is done of all of them
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad.html
We can do 20ish cars on the day too
If I can help further just give me a shout ;)
Sarah

Well thats more like it !!!!! all in all a good response ! awesome seems to tick all the boxes for me and i live in cheltenham ! good prices too.
if u are seriously interested give me a pm and ill sort out some numbers.
cheers for the good price sarah !!!! will be in touch very soon hopefully

cheers j

No worries J
Sorry no tea or breckie , but we do have a number for a burger van that do home ****** food and not bad prices too
Maybe we could see if they would be willing to put a van outside for you so you get lashings of tea , coffee , buns and bacon sarnies too ;)

Mmmm Cheltenham not too bad , we are down in Churchdown this after , after work tonight , takes about 1.5 to 2 hours
Sarah

why dont we do two rr sessions one for the northerners and one for southerners,makes sense doesnt it

small world lol ! if you see a knackered looking S3 in silver scooting about give it a wave it might be me ! im gonna put posts up over the rest of this site and see if we can get some of the BIG bhp guys to come along

well seeing as my s3 is running a measly 210 mouse power,it wouldnt be much of a contest for the northern boys but getting a remap and new exhaust in jan if ash s3 takes it off his motor.so would be good to see what power ill be puting out only got a few others little mods.but yeah we could add up all the southerners bhp and compare against the northerners combined bhp.lol

I'll go to Awesome GTI. Sarah Where's my Supersprint???!!!!:icon_thumright:

mines totally standard too lol. but what the hell it'll be a giggle im sure ! 210 bhp still feels good when your chasing a scooby round wet roundabouts @ 65 mph ! lol

Prawn said:
manchester? middle?

That said, if anyone around our area fancies a dyno day, i would be well up for it.

Its fair to say that everyone within range of No Rice should be able to make it, and that includes me, Dave_Bayern, Jampublic, A3_turbo, HTC, Ed Harris, and a fair few others from the london/south area.

my thoughts too about manchester!

I'd be willing to come over to your area, having said that, i've agreed to do a RR with another forum so it depends which is organised first and where they both are.

yeah i suppose but the worst thing is you will always be chasing it because even a highly modded s3 will struggle to keep up with a wrx sti scooby.so where a we setting these rr days we need locations for north and south and a date.

Prawn said:
manchester? middle?

the middle would technically be watford gap services wouldnt it? as thats the official north/south divide? (or so ive been told)

Manchester is way OOP NORF for most people.

These things will never work to keep everyone happy, as we are just too wide spread.

I'm going to be taking my A3 to an independant rolling road soon after its mapped anyway!

Yeah mate, manchester looks in the middle to me?

The UK has Scotland up at the top, and London down at the bottom, so to me it looks in the middle....

image1uz6.jpg

maybe we could meet somewhere for a convoy style trip up to awesome ???????????? possibly M42/M6 services somewhere ???

ROAD TRIP Anyone !!!! lol

I think awesome should give us a better price for everyone to agree ;)

Aky said:
I'll go to Awesome GTI. Sarah Where's my Supersprint???!!!!:icon_thumright:
I tried to call them , the jammy swines are off until the 2nd
So guess they will be getting the nagging Sarah on to them first thing on the 2nd...... :( sorry
But belive me :asskicking: will be done
Sarah

I'd be up for this if it's on a day I have off. I've been on Awesome's roller a couple of years back already and have a laminated printout already, so going on the rollers isn't a priority for me.

Are power figures still at the wheels as opposed to Flywheel figures Sarah?

jamieface said:
Well thats more like it !!!!! all in all a good response ! awesome seems to tick all the boxes for me and i live in cheltenham ! good prices too.
if u are seriously interested give me a pm and ill sort out some numbers.
cheers for the good price sarah !!!! will be in touch very soon hopefully

cheers j

cheltenham? not far from me mate. down in stroud:icon_thumright: