Replacing rear bumper on an A4

Buck

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to replace my 'bog standard' 2003 lower bumper with the S-line version? Like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-SPORT-BACK-BUMPER-AVANT-B6-2001-2005_W0QQitemZ200188278559QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemA

few questions if I can....

(i) Where's the best place to get these? eBay are few and far between and not easy to check quality etc. What's a fair price?

(ii) How easy are they to replace - I think I'd only need to change the bottom half then have it resprayed.

(iii) Am I better looking at a kit i.e. Vortex

(iv) What else should I consider?

Cheers

CM

Hi mate

i also had my rear lower bumper changed which is what you only need to buy the lower half,got my s line lower bumper direct from dealers didnt cost me more then £100 iicrc i shudv in hindsight gone for the vortex rear but im very happy with the look of mine now,bumper comes primered ready to spray.

Best place to find em is do what i did google it and anything rear bumper on audi A4 etc will show up.

Thanks

I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what £££ it is.

Have you put any other body mods on apart form the rear?

I'm thinking of adding the front lower bumper and the door "fins" too then colour coding the lot - seems a lot cheaper than buying a new car when there's nothing wrong with this one!

cheekeemonkey said:
Thanks

I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what £££ it is.

Have you put any other body mods on apart form the rear?

I'm thinking of adding the front lower bumper and the door "fins" too then colour coding the lot - seems a lot cheaper than buying a new car when there's nothing wrong with this one!

before i started modding and burning some serious holes in me pocket my car was bog standard A4 tdi silver in colour black around the sides front and back and now its fully colour coded new front bumper form Hofele rear s line bumper abt side skirts mij performance 4" pipes dual back boxes and just recently ive done the leds in the grill and theres more to come lol

i was also guna go with door fins but if you get some decent side skirts on id leave them be but thats me personally i were thinking exact same thing as yourself had the car for 2 years before the modding bug hit me was guna upgrade to a b7 but thought why not make my baby look nicer and hold onto it for longer and im certainly glad i did otherwise buying a b7 and modding that wouldve left me worse off.

for ideas on kits etc check this website out it really gives you a good idea into where you wana go with the kit wheels and how far you wana mod your car,

www.a4mods.com