Facelift headlights

s3ollie

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased some facelift lights from ebay. All good except the little piece of plastic that accepts the ball on the end of the adjuster motor has (been?) snapped. it is changeable as its screwed on but can i just buy these bit on its own?

Cheers:icon_thumright:

doubt it...

is it the part inside the headlamp then?

Yeah, its the bit that connect to the motor 'arm' and attach's the motor to the light surround so it can move it in or out.

Dont even bother, they are NOT available seperately at all. Ive tried without success!

Oh dear looks like I'll have to make something up or would the ones out of my pre lift be the same?

TBH its a bit naughty of the seller not stating they were broken because i have my doubts they were broken in the post not both of them anyway!

I'd get on to the seller straight away fella; as even if he/she used a courier service to ship them to you they'll probably be exempt from any carriage-insurance as they've got glass parts... I found out when I bought some facelift Xenons which turned out to be 1) Not Xenon and 2) Have one of the projector units completely broken off its mountings.

Thankfully the seller was alright about it in my case and save for a few quid I said he should hang on to for 'no-hard-feelings' beer tokens I had my money back (and later bagged a perfect pair of facelift Xenons for £120! :) )

Hope you get it sorted bud... Good luck!

Rob.

I have sent them an email but they don't seem to be to forthcoming with a reply as yet!:asskicking:

Well, I hope they do get back to you with an agreeable plan...

If there is no recourse though, might they be some way repairable? Perhaps if you've got all the broken bits they could be bonded back together some way? Obviously this isn't ideal but maybe better than nothing? ...I guess the only complication might be if they're Xenons, then you really need the height/range adjustment bits and bobs to be working properly...

Regards,

Rob.

If you paid by paypal, get onto them about the misrepresented goods. Plenty of info on the help pages of ebay.

Mo-S3 said:
Dont even bother, they are NOT available seperately at all. Ive tried without success!

What did you do in the end then??

Used the same ones. Glued them with epoxy which didnt help much. Also drilled a small hole and fitted a super miniture bolt in order to keep the clamp closed.