A4 2.5TDI CAB

6andy69

Reaction score
Hi im looking to buy a A4 convertible its a 2.5 TDI auto, the car has covered 92,000 miles, is there anything i should look for before i part with my money? thanks

hi mate
ive got a 18t so not sure on the engine side but its a deisel audi and if my old sallon is anything to go by then there great,
id look at the seals round the windows to the roof as a few i looked at didnt seem to seal properly and let water in slightly.
check that the windows go up and down smoothly to make this seal every time you open and close the doors.
and check the clutch is good as these are very heavy cars and apparently they get through clutches.
obviously service history.!!!!!
they also have a common problem with the ariel as it is in the boot lid and it breaks with the boot opening and closing causing you to loose the stations, a simple fix but hey might aswell let them do it.

good luck with it !!!

lea :thumbsup:

Multitronic is not the most reliable gearbox around. Check that it's had its fluid changes at the correct interval and also see if there's any record of control module replacement as it's several hundred if it goes wrong.

As has been said, make sure cambelts and water pump have been done. If not get them to do it or get a grand knocked off straight away.